Components #2 - Post ID 275717

User 515049 Photo

35 posts

Added Jumbotron, Accordian, etc - can't find where to set the details of those items, plus they don't seem to work in preview mode...?
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi David,

You have to goto inspector icon and you will notice that there are some eyes icons there with crosses through them. Just click on the eye and it will unhide it from view.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 515049 Photo

35 posts

Hmmm. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place - but I'm looking in inspector with the jumbotron container selected, and no eye? (see attached)
Attachments:
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

If you are referring to the "preview" next to "preview on" that is probably used mainly for moving the menu out of the way so you can see a larger preview static view. Maybe there is more to that but I dont use it much.

In order for your Accordion to work you will need to "preview on" a browser because the Accordion will probably need to have the bootstrap.js and/or jquery.js loaded to work.

All the settings for css and classes are handled in the design layout for both the Accordion and the Jumbotron.
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

Dave wrote:
Hmmm. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place - but I'm looking in inspector with the jumbotron container selected, and no eye? (see attached)

The jumbotron is a container with text in it. You will not see anything hidden on that component (no eye).

The accordion however does have the dropdown containers with information hidden. It will show hidden (with eye) on each of the containers as Steve mentioned. If you click and unhide you will see the text in the design layout for editing.
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

Dave,

There are a number of ways to get to the details for container, elements, components, etc., but here is how I normally do it:

After clicking the item you want to edit in the inspector tree, click on the little pencil icon to edit the details. This will bring up a number of sections related to the item selected in the tree.

Once you accomplish the impossible, then you can move on to the hard stuff!
User 515049 Photo

35 posts

I would love to see a screenshot of this pencil icon (or the eye for that matter)....I don't see it
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

Here you go...
Attachments:
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.