Windows + Mac OSX or All Windows? -...

User 105519 Photo

3 posts

Hi,
I previously used CC software exclusively on Windows, a long time ago. Nowadays I only have two Macs but can run Windows virtually using the Parallels virtual machine. Generally, wherever possible I prefer to stay within OSX. I'm thinking of using the OSX versions of the CC software where available (e.g the new responsive design programs) but switching back over to Windows for those which don't have a Mac version as needed. Would this work fairly seemlessly or is it better to run everything under Windows if you're not using only the Mac software?

Thanks,

Robert
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

The project files for the programs that have a Mac/Windows version work no matter what system you are on. So if you start a project in Windows, you can finish it in Mac.

My suggestion would be to use as MUCH of the Mac side as you can. Here, we all use Mac's. :P But keep a few PC's around just for testing.
User 105519 Photo

3 posts

Thanks Adam. That's what I was hoping to hear ;) Just heard about the Mac Pack from Scott and bought that now which is perfect for me. I already have quite a few of the older Windows software which I can use if necessary but glad to have the bulk of the core software directly on my Mac.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Robert de Castro wrote:
Thanks Adam. That's what I was hoping to hear ;) Just heard about the Mac Pack from Scott and bought that now which is perfect for me. I already have quite a few of the older Windows software which I can use if necessary but glad to have the bulk of the core software directly on my Mac.

Yep, I just replied to your ticket as well. :)

Enjoy!
User 2413940 Photo

34 posts

Well, that just made my decision a little easier. :)
Gary Chike
"Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want."
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Gary Chike wrote:
Well, that just made my decision a little easier. :)

Great! :) Enjoy.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.