very confusing ? - Post ID 152615

User 2188989 Photo

Trial User
1 post

i downloaded the trial version of shopping cart pro and cannot tell where to even begin. i have built sites using microsoft frontpage and that had some learning but at least i could see the site being built , page after page.

i am trying to build a site similiar to www.muralsyourway.com and would like the navigation on the left and top like that site.

also on the shopping cart , i need to have many options ( at least four per item ) it does not look like this software would be capable of that .

i need
1) item number
2) change name
3) change hailport
4) send proof

i was able to use paypal with some maniplulation

i need to build the site ( 10 pages ) than add products ( 100 ) that customers would be able to purchase

thanks for your time,
normana61

User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

All of the things you need this software can do, with the exception of the double menu. You may be able to do that with some html manipulation. Here are some notes regarding your questions:

First, CC just came out with the pro software a few months back so they have not uploaded any video tutorials as of yet.

Second, I am not entirely sure what you want the software to do for you, it has everything you need to build, test, and upload a store and shopping cart system simply. As you might expect a program with this many options will take a little time to get used to, but the options are there. Take for instance looking at your website. Once you add some product to your store and save it, you can preview you store in the preview option in your toolbar.

CC has plenty of themes for you to chose from to make the design of your store look great. If you need a lot of customization you will need to know some html. From there simply use the html tool on your individual pages to add whatever customization you want.

You ask about listing options: look to the right side of your screen and you will see a tab that says "more options", that is where you will add variations for your products (including price if you want).

Finally, if you want more control over your design then I suggest you also purchase Designer Pro as well. It will allow you to create your own themes, or modify existing ones.

Also, anytime you need help with your product CC has a robust online community to help you with any question you might have - they also have free support in your account area.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.