SSL - Post ID 286116

User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts

davidmurrell wrote:
When I enter my username and password on a site where there is no certificate, can they be stolen?

it depends on the message you get from the browser

Not secure: Proceed with caution. Something is severely wrong with the privacy of this site’s connection. Someone might be able to see the information you send or get through this site.

You might see a "Login not secure" or "Payment not secure" message.

Dangerous: Avoid this site. If you see a full-page red warning screen, the site has been flagged as unsafe by Safe Browsing. Using the site will likely put your private information at risk.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2925621 Photo

2 posts

Thank you for answer, it is useful information.
In addition, I visited a site scanning service , where I learned more about ssl and in general about the technical parameters of the site.

If the site is not protected, the Internet provider can place its advertisements on it or follow the site visits and collect information in order to target the advertisement and sell this data to third-party companies. Browsers, search engines and, in particular, Google are struggling in their own way against unprotected sites: for example, such pages are reduced in search results. And even before clicking on a link to such a site, a warning screen can be displayed.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.