Site Designer Questions - Post ID 301623

User 2950852 Photo

1 post

I have been using CC HTML Editor on and off for a couple of years and am now looking for something with a WYSIWYG editor to create text heavy static documentation sites.

I have looked at BlueGriffon, but that has a few minor bugs and hasn't been updated since the end of 2019. Pinegrow seems a little pricey and more complicated than I need.

CC Site Designer looks like it might be closer to what I'm looking for, but I'm still not sure if it would be a good fit.

If all I want to do is create a text based site with HTML5 semantic elements and be able to update the content easily, would Site Designer be the best option?

I would prefer a spell checker and HTML Tidy to be included (I saw no mention of either on the product page). It would also be helpful to be able to use it with CC HTML Editor (via import and export of HTML files).
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

You should download a trial of Site Designer (SD for short) and experiment a bit.

You can drag all sorts of elements onto the canvas, and there is an easy-to-understand tool panel for the properties and styling. There are paragraph elements with dummy text, and you just have to write/paste your own text. The contents can be easily edited/changed.

You won't need the HTML Tidy, because you are not supposed to write code (you may have to write a bit of code sometimes, though). Anyway, the program makes pretty clean and valid code.

A spell checker has not been built in - yet.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

I have no visual artistic skills, but I do have a predominantly text website ( https://www.clparker.com/ ) created and edited in Site Designer, and would have found the work far more difficult and laborious without it.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.