Should I use coffee cup? - Post ID...

User 2916989 Photo

1 post

I need to migrate from an existing application which is no longer supported. I manage a website with about 30 pages, and all of the bells and whistles which go with that. Can I migrate that web site to Coffee Cup, or do I need to try and rebuild it from scratch?
Thanks.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

It depends on which Coffeecup programme you are thinking of. There is the HTML Editor, which can open any html, css and php files, and then there is the new SD3 where you need to rebuild your site. The latter is now very much preferred, even though it is a bit hard getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, the rest is easy. You can of course copy/paste most of the contents from your old site, but the structure will have to be built from scratch. The good news is, however, that in these forums we are a 'congregation' of enthusiastic 'coffeecuppers', and you just have to ask, and we will come to your rescue if need be! :)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2925493 Photo

3 posts

Thanks for the instructions Inger, I was also confused whether to make the transition and how to proceed, your help is much appreciated.

User 2935107 Photo

2 posts

Hi everyone. I am new here. Interesting post, thanks for the information :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.