I'm Told It's Good But......A Few...

User 2254702 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

A few questions

1. I need to move from MS Front Page, will I be able to use CoffeeCup HTML Editor to work on Front Page Websites I have made?

2. I have downloaded the trial HTML editor but there is no Design View or preview facility so hard to see how good them fuctions work. I generaly work in design view only occasionaly looking at the HTML code view in Front Page. Does coffee cup HTML editor paid version have a design view that web pages can be constructed in or do you have to work in code view.

3. I have been looking at both The Html Editor, think thats the one for me and the Visual Site Designer. As I have websites in Front Page is it best to go with the HTLM editor?

4. Can I install more than one copy of the software on my computers, have 3 that I work on and if so how do I install the second and 3rd copy after the initial download?

5 How do I uninstall the Free and Trial version, can't see an unistall?

Everyone tell me Coffee Cup is the one to go for so looking forward to seeing a full working copy, the free and trial don't do anything for me as there is no design view or if there is I can't see it, so as soon as I can clarify the above point think I will have to just go for it.

Best Regards JoJo
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

If you are looking for a WYSIWYG Editor you may want to use VSD which can be found here http://www.coffeecup.com/designer/
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts

JoJo,

The HTML Editor is about writing code, and you can open the pages you have created earlier with Front Page.

VSD is drag and drop, but you cannot open the existing pages, you'll have to start all over, which may not be such a bad idea as Front Page has aged over the years, and so has the code it produces...

The HTML Editor has an External preview, and you can also preview in whichever browsers you have installed. But it does not come with any visual editor any more.

You are allowed to install the CC programmes on up to 3 computers for your own use, typically a home desktop, a laptop and a computer at work.

To uninstall a programme, go to your control panel, choose 'Applications and Programmes' (I have a Norwegian system, so look for the nearest to my translation of that description. The icon is a CD in a cover and behind it a card board box).

Whichever CC programme you go for, just yell if you need any help. :)

Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2254702 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

No visual editor so you have to work in code view only in The HTML Editor ?
Sure I have seen a version of CC HTML Editor with a visual editor, is it a recent thing that it has been removed and is there an older vertion with it available?

Yes I need a WYSIWYG Editor but VSD won't let me import current pages of my Front page websites and I don't want to start again

Any suggestions?

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts

Yes, the visual mode was removed from the HTML some time a couple of months ago.

If you want a visual editor where you can import already existing pages, you'll have to look elsewhere. CC doesn't have it. But as I said in my previous post, the code that was created with Front Page is old and will most likely not validate today, but throw errors after errors. We've seen that before. And the result will not be consistent from one browser to another.

So if you started over again with VSD, you would get top notch code that will validate nicely. You could always download a trial version, which is fully functional for a limited time, and take it for a spin. Well, you could do the same with the HTML Editor too...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2254702 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

Not starting over again so still need a solution for the old Front Page sites
But considering VSD for new sites

On VSD can you add tables and forms and bring in and edit grapics or do any of these elements need to be done outside VSD or with additional moduals not included in the VSD download?

Tried downloading the free HTML Editor some time back it still shows the visual button although it says it doesn't work in the free version, also tried the trial version but my HTML is not that good so no use to me without the WYSIWYG feature

Yes may try the VSD trial and go for that for new sites but still need to find a WYSIWYG editor for the old sites
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

JoJo is the site still live,
just a thought but building in VSD is quick and easy, (drag a box here, add text there, put picture over here)
Designing takes the time, getting first (MAIN) page right
After that every other page is a duplicate of the first page (takes 10 seconds)
So you could then just copy and paste the text from old site into new site.
If we could see the site we might be able to advise you better
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.