I'm Concerned: Editor Occasionally...

User 2300729 Photo

1 post

I've been happily using the free version of the CoffeeCup HTML Editor for just over half a year and have only seen one glitch - occasionally, when saving a file, the editor stops responding on my 64-bit version of Windows 7. However, in a recent occurrence of this glitch, I closed the program with task manager (as I typically am forced to do when this happens) and logged back into my website's server. I then proceeded to open the style sheet for the WordPress theme I was editing, which replaced the locally saved file. The file, which previously was full of hours of CSS, had vanished - a blank page awaited me. Admittedly, I cursed at my PC monitor.

Sadly, because I opened the file before knowing that the CSS had disappeared, the local file was also blank. I had not ran a website backup since Friday, and started working on the theme Saturday, so restoring the server won't help me.

My question is not how I can get my file back, as I've tried all I know to recover it, but how I can prevent this problem in the future. As I said, the editor crashing has happened at least fifty times before. Is there any way I can stop these program crashes? I think of myself as a cautious individual, so I don't want to begin editing my website theme and then loose it again.

Thanks in advance,
~Richard E.
User 508294 Photo

1 post

I have exactly the same problem.
Using dell xps laptop with win7 64bit and running HTML_Editor_12.5_Build_412 .
I lost my index.htm file, no backup.
If this continuous I’m forced to go back to notepad to edit my files.

Any patches to this problem?
Regards
Terje S.
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Check your E-Mail for a newsletter from CC... There is an update! You could get it now!
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Have you read this thread at all to see if that's the issue?

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/website … un-issues/
User 28530 Photo

5 posts

I have the same issues going on.............what exactly is the link to find the update that patches this problem of crashing upon saving? :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Kat,

You can get the updated versions of any software you have purchased in your downloads area of your account. Go to the top menu and on the far top right click the little orange arrow next to the account button. Choose Your Downloads on the menu and all the software you have purchased will be listed there. Download the ones you need to update and enjoy :)
User 28530 Photo

5 posts

Thanks!!! Much appreciated :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.