How do I get started? - Post ID 275328

User 2884871 Photo

1 post

Hi guys,
I want to design my own websites but I don't have a single idea about this (Computer is not my strong suit).
Is there any software that could help me design my website easily?
Many thanks!
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

An important question: why should you (design your own sites)?

computers are not that much your thing, and (because apps run on computers) the same would also go for apps. So now you want to design and build (those are 2 totally different activities) your own sites? What are you looking for? And by that I mean: what is it what you want the software to be able to do for you?

Designing sites you can do with pen and paper, adobe photoshop/illustrator (or affinity photo/designer). Building your site can be done by a range of apps, some easier than others. You need an app that's easy to use and is able to do whatever you want it to do. You have to start there ...
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2699991 Photo

4,799 posts

rvanheukelum wrote:
An important question: why should you (design your own sites)?

computers are not that much your thing, and (because apps run on computers) the same would also go for apps. So now you want to design and build (those are 2 totally different activities) your own sites? What are you looking for? And by that I mean: what is it what you want the software to be able to do for you?

Designing sites you can do with pen and paper, adobe photoshop/illustrator (or affinity photo/designer). Building your site can be done by a range of apps, some easier than others. You need an app that's easy to use and is able to do whatever you want it to do. You have to start there ...

That is very good advice,,

I would also say that it takes quite a while to get the knowledge and skills to design/build web-sites,,(sometimes a life-time) it doesn't just happen, if you have a good background in graphic design / artistry or some other related skill, then designing might come a little bit easier.
My advice also would be to research on the internet all about web-site designing, read articles about what makes a good web-site (not how to make but what it needs to be good for your visitors) there are many well written articles out there that will give you good information.

Then once you have researched all of that,, and feel you still want give it a try,, Coffee Cup RSD is the one for you, and this Forum & Coffee Cup Team, will help you getting started.

Good Luck & hopefully welcome to the Web-Design/building Universe..
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.