Find Look in folders - Post ID 144803

User 2140215 Photo

4 posts

I'm using CoffeeCup 2010, and when I try to use the Find Look in Folders, it doesn't find anything. If I open some of the files in the folder and then use Find in open files, it finds the string (I'm searching on div, which I have lots of).

What's really confusing me is that I've used this before and it worked, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated,

Dan
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Is this the HTML editor you are talking about?
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

This feature does work in the CC HTML Editor 2010. I have used it many times in the past. Make sure you select to include subdirectories in the search. I don't have the editor installed to check exactly what it is that has to be defined but usually there is an option to include subdirectories.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2140215 Photo

4 posts

OK, I think I see what the problem is. I'm not sure I had a website project open (even though it showed the correct directory in the local disk tab). After opening the appropriate website project, it seems to work.

Dan
User 2140215 Photo

4 posts

Nope, that wasn't it. Now it finds a string in one of the files (that's in a subdir) but not others. This is very confusing to me. Any tips on how I might try to troubleshoot this?
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

When I used the Editor, I never worked with projects. I only opened individual files. You are definately missing something because I know this works. I have used it to find a particular string in Zen Cart which has numerous directories and subdirectoires and thousands of files. I'm telling you there is an option to include subdirectories in the search somewhere in that search dialog.
User 2140215 Photo

4 posts

I know about the include subdir's, and I check it. The weird thing is that it finds one of the strings in a file that is in a subdir, but not in the main dir or any of the other subdirs. If I open all the files and then search in all open documents, that works fine.

If I did a video capture and then posted that, would that help?

I'm perplexed,

Dan
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

No video proof is required. I believe you. But it is weird, indeed, for my searches returned results to include the main directory and all subdirectories, displaying the results in the bottom window to include the full path of the files containing the string.
User 2151575 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

Is there any way to stop CoffeCup from making a folder for itself in My Documents? I would like to keep the CoffeCup folder somewhere else. Thanks - Lee
..........................................................................................................

Hi Lee,

Please don't post the same question in several threads. I have replied to the exact same question here: http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/guests- … -my-docum/

Inger
Forum moderator.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I don't think so.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.