CoffeeCup newby requests website...

User 2906708 Photo

1 post

I created my website, adoptababygrand.com , in 2005 but have never had anyone critique it for improvements. As you will see on the site, I am a piano technician, not a website designer. All suggestions appreciated.

I want to know:
A. From the moment you arrive at the site how long does it take for you to have a good understanding of its purpose?
B. If you were in the market to purchase a used grand piano how inclined would you be to make inquiry as opposed to just clicking on to the next website in your search?
C. After reading through the site do you see the advantage I am trying to help my clients see? . . . that I offer the same benefit you will get from a piano retailer as opposed to buying a used piano from an individual, yet without the retail price.
User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

Hi Ed
If I can be so bold as to be critical without sounding Pretentious or condescending, which I am not either) here is my view:
A/ From the moment you arrive at the site how long does it take for you to have a good understanding of its purpose?

It takes a lot longer than the suggested 5 seconds (sort of a standard timing thing that people base the initial looking at a site on) In fact I am not sure that it ever achieves a good understanding of what the purpose of the site is, or how a visitor can benefit from staying on your site, or even if your site provides the thing that they came to look for (except to buy a baby grand at a price as advertised)
B/ Based on the answer to A/ I would think that the answer would be for most visitors to be NOT inclined to look further.
c/ Looking around (which is not exactly user-friendly due to the small size of the menu links etc, does achieve the desired results, even is the pages are a little complicated to read,.

One other point is that the site is not responsive (mobile friendly) which is a big down point in today's day & age, & one effect is that most of the search engines either do not display your site in their search results, or they will give their users a message that the site isn't mobile-friendly, which can put a lot of potential visitors off.

There are many other things that need addressing, but this thread (or indeed this forum) isn't the place to list everything.
It needs a complete re-think & rebuild up to modern standards to get your site back on track.

coffee cup software has some great apps to help you build a responsive website, but to get the design/content right takes an understanding/knowledge of design (particularly web-design),, what makes a good website, & what people visiting expect to see, and what the benefit is to them for visiting the site, therefore, you also need to know & understand how you go about making the site interesting/exciting & understandable for your visitors. On this forum there are many very helpful users who can advise, assist in using Coffee Cup software, to build a site.

I can help you through some of the why & wherefore's Do this & do that etc if you would like to get to know a little bit more then you should email me directly (go to my profile page) or visit my site (address in my signature), and contact me through the site.

By the way, if you visit my site, carry out the 5-second test for yourself, & see if it meets the target for your question A/

Wayan in Sunny Bali
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

I have today knocked up a quick example of what I mean & what can be achieved using Coffee Cup software (in this case RFF)
It's only a demo to throw some ideas around about grabbing peoples attention, & giving them something to go forth with

try the first 5-second test & see what you think if it goes a little way towards letting the visitor know what the site is about, see where it takes you & then the possibility of capturing the visitor's attention so they are inclined to stay on & look around

https://demo.rsdtutorials.com

(some of the images haven't been optimized (only a demo after all) and only a couple of the links work, there is a gallery type window opens on the first thumbnail in the pianos in stock page.

The demo will only be up for a couple of days. If you manage to see it I hope it can give inspiration, & if you wqant ask more let me know & I will try to guide & assist the best I can
wayan in now dark but warm Java
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2906833 Photo

2 posts

Hi there :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.