Can website calendar events reoccur...

User 2914174 Photo

2 posts

Hi,
I am just wondering if anyone knows if a calendar on a website can be set for events to reoccur on a certain week of every month (i.e. Third week of each month - reoccurring events on Tuesday and Wednesday) versus reoccurring on the third Tuesday and Wednesday of each month?
Trying to schedule reoccurring events with all the events in the third week of each month without doing it manually. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I think one would need to be very clear as to the exact meaning of what was required before searching for such a facility. For example, it is not clear to me what is considered to be the first week of a month. The query in the post above clearly interprets it differently from item (c) below.

Perhaps it is thought to be -
(a) the first complete week starting on the first Sunday of the month;
(b) the week in which the first day of the month falls, even if that first day happens to be a Saturday - which seems an unusual interpretation;
(c) from the 1st. to the 7th. of the month, in which case any day in the third week would also be the third such day in the month.

Once the interpretation is clarified perhaps someone may be able to help.

Frank
User 2914174 Photo

2 posts

Hi, Thanks for your clarification. It would be the first week of the month that has any weekdays in it (Monday to Friday).
And all of the scheduled events would fall within the same week, in the 'third week.'
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

As far as I can see, the rules for what is wanted would be something like the following -

(a) If the 1st. day of the month is Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, the selected days will be the second Tuesday of the month and the following day. That is because the first Tuesday will fall in the second week.
(b) Otherwise the selected days will be the third Tuesday of the month and the following day.

I an not aware of any program that does that, but maybe someone else does know of one, or could devise one.

Frank
User 2913980 Photo

7 posts

Oh man, I'm so sure I've come across something similar to this on one of these forums :/

Lemme have a look for you, but I'm sure I've seen a set of rules for this, or something very similar.
User 2912936 Photo

5 posts

With recurring events, the first occurrence of your event series will reflect the options chosen for Start/End under this heading. That is the same as creating a single event. Be sure that you’ve specified the correct start date, end date, and start and end times for the first event in your series before proceeding.

After making your selections for the first event in your series, you’ll see an Event Series option. This option is located just below the Start/End options for your event.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.