Can CC help me? - Post ID 140058

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Meta keywords, meta description, title tag, h1 tag, and content should all be used to reinforce the page in order to rank well.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Tom wrote:
Meta keywords, meta description, title tag, h1 tag, and content should all be used to reinforce the page in order to rank well.

Meta keywords - doing as we speak
Meta descriptions - doing as we speak
Title Tag - I'm guessing that is the title of your page matches the product?
h1 Tag - have no idea and googled a bit and got confused!
Content - have heaps of content that will match up with meta keywords & meta descriptions.

Thanks for the sum up. :)

So if I could know more about h1 Tag, and whether I'm on the right path for Title tag, that would be awesome. :D
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Title Tag - I'm guessing that is the title of your page matches the product?

Page title matches the page content, whatever it is. Don't use a single title tag across all pages of your site, make it page specific.

h1 Tag - have no idea and googled a bit and got confused!

Using html and CSS, you have text specific tags (<p>,<h1>,<h2>,etc.). Every page should have an h1 tag to reinforce the page content. A page on widgets should have an h1 tag stating something about widgets.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

h1 tag is basically the largest size of heading tag that has default settings built into HTML. CSS can change those settings of course so you can have your h1 tag be any size and style etc., but color is really about the only thing that is necessary to change unless you add images etc. For the most part it's the large page heading that you usually see under the logo area.

SEO says every page should have one and for the most part should have "only" 1 also.
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Thanks for all the help guys. :)

I have all those bases covered, or in the process of covering it apart from checking to see if my heading tag is the correct h1 tag. I will need to learn a little more about h1 tags to know if I have them correctly inserted.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Heading tags go into the body of the page just like any <p> tag.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.