[Bug] HTML trial locking up - Post ID...

User 2138235 Photo

5 posts

Wasn't sure where to post this but I've been using the trial version of the HTML editor, and it is locking up on me quite often. It always happens when I undo several changes in a row. The screen freezes and I can't even use the Close Window option to close it. The only way to shut it down is through the Start Task Manager and ending the process.

I'm using Windows 7, 64bit. The free HTML editor was working fine, the problem just started with the trial version.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Khassy,

This is something that seems to happen to a few people, but not all. I too am on Windows 7 and have not had this issue, yet I have a friend who also has Windows 7 that has this happen to him periodically, especially when holding down the ctrl-z key combo to do mass Undo's. Best thing to say is don't do that lol. I'm not sure if they found a solution to this issue or not though, you might try searching the forums a bit in the HTML Editor area for the words "undo" or "lock up" and see if there's a solution somewhere.

Good luck with it, and maybe someone else will have a solution for you :)
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Did you fully uninstall the free version? There is no harm in trying an uninstall, reboot and install again just to see if there have been some problems with the original installation.
User 2138235 Photo

5 posts

Yup, uninstalled the free version.

especially when holding down the ctrl-z key combo to do mass Undo's

That's exactly when its been happening to me. Using the undo key combo.

Since my blog is pretty much done as far as design work, its not really much of an issue for me anymore. Just thought I'd report it as something that they might want to check into. :)

Just took the leap and bought the full version anyway. I know I'm gonna be using it a good bit in the near future :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Glad to hear it's working out well enough to purchase it for ya, enjoy it and happy site building and don't forget to avoid that ctrl-z combo or at least holding it down :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.