Suggestions for CoffeeCup Website...

User 17079 Photo


Registered User
26 posts

Yeah! Thanks Adam! And I know we will really appreciate all the hard work. I know coding can be tedious. Love CoffeeCup!

Adam East wrote:
Gloria Ochoa wrote:
Mark Hasting wrote:
How about being able to print out the report generated by Website Insight? This would be EXTREMELY helpful during a presentation to a client.


YES! YES! YES! -what Mark said!!!--This would be very helpful...I had to take screen shots and manually recreate the data to show to a client. So not professional..


I believe this is certainly possible. We do have it in the project outline, and are working on it. :) It is a lot of coding to do.
User 476017 Photo


Ambassador
375 posts

With the introduction of Schema in html editor 14 are there any plans to introduce an analysis of your markup or validate your schema coding or show how search engines are using your schema coding.
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

Old Rishworthians Rugby Union Football club http://www.orrufc.co.uk
Tuxedo Junction Yorkshire Function Band http://www.riley-tuxedojunction.co.uk
The Commons Guest House http://www.thecommons-guesthouse.co.uk
all created with Coffee Cup html editor
User 103173 Photo


VP of Software Development
0 posts

Dave Butler wrote:
With the introduction of Schema in html editor 14 are there any plans to introduce an analysis of your markup or validate your schema coding or show how search engines are using your schema coding.

Yes there is! We will be introducing some adding features in WI just for that.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 476017 Photo


Ambassador
375 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Dave Butler wrote:
With the introduction of Schema in html editor 14 are there any plans to introduce an analysis of your markup or validate your schema coding or show how search engines are using your schema coding.

Yes there is! We will be introducing some adding features in WI just for that.

Thanks for speedy response Scott. Good to hear its in your plans
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

Old Rishworthians Rugby Union Football club http://www.orrufc.co.uk
Tuxedo Junction Yorkshire Function Band http://www.riley-tuxedojunction.co.uk
The Commons Guest House http://www.thecommons-guesthouse.co.uk
all created with Coffee Cup html editor
User 2631569 Photo


Registered User
2 posts

I agree with most if not all of the points made so far and in particular the ability to output some kind of report would be good.

My other suggestion is it would be great if more regular, incremental updates could be made to the software to keep interest alive and I'm confident you would benefit from more purchases! A road map of changes and the ability to centrally add comments and suggestions rather than a multi-page forum post would helpful too!

There is far too many high priced under-delivery SEO software out there and your product certainly is start to go a long way to filling a gap. Please keep your great work up!
User 474778 Photo


Registered User
215 posts

With regard to producing report output, how about doing that using HTML & CSS? I am sure that anyone who finds Website Insight even remotely interesting would be capable of using such reports, modifying them as necessary, including them in emails etc.

I suspect that my suggestion is naive, for I would expect CC to have based the application on HTML if that had been straightforward.
halfnium -AT- alum.mit.edu
Yes, I looked just like that in 1962.
User 2490574 Photo


Registered User
20 posts

Excellent product - one I use almost religiously and daily.

As far as my suggestions for improvement go, I'd like to see one change in the File Compression function. I'd be over the moon if it became possible to automatically upload file batches instead of having to select each manually. To compress an entire client site fully could mean that hundreds of files must be loaded manually, the task being so daunting that I just refuse to do it.

Clearly, I have no idea how difficult it would be to embed this functionality, but it would be awesome if it could be achieved...

As a not unimportant side issue, one other thing that surprises me somewhat is that this software considers the css code that Responsive Layout Maker produces 'non compliant'. I must admit that I haven't looked into this too deeply but am somewhat surprised with W.I's response..... Any views on this?
User 103173 Photo


VP of Software Development
0 posts

Raymond den Otter wrote:
Excellent product - one I use almost religiously and daily.

As far as my suggestions for improvement go, I'd like to see one change in the File Compression function. I'd be over the moon if it became possible to automatically upload file batches instead of having to select each manually. To compress an entire client site fully could mean that hundreds of files must be loaded manually, the task being so daunting that I just refuse to do it.

Clearly, I have no idea how difficult it would be to embed this functionality, but it would be awesome if it could be achieved...

As a not unimportant side issue, one other thing that surprises me somewhat is that this software considers the css code that Responsive Layout Maker produces 'non compliant'. I must admit that I haven't looked into this too deeply but am somewhat surprised with W.I's response..... Any views on this?


RLM uses CSS that has already been compressed. When CSS files are compressed, you will see a notification. It's not technically a problem, it's just flagged as an FYI. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2490574 Photo


Registered User
20 posts

Ha! Scott, didn't check that...

Seeing what you mean now... All good; scratch that previous comment please.
User 2614236 Photo


Registered User
130 posts

Biggest Suggestion. How about making this and the rest of your software MAC compatible. Lots of useful tools which cannot be used by half your customers. Maybe a lack of insight.......
Tony

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.