spelling errors in the trial version...

User 54342 Photo

58 posts

I am trying out this software with the hope of buying it today; when I noticed grammatical errors within it. I went to the Urrgent tab to see how to improve my website standing, when I read not once, but twice, the word :"to" instead of "too". It reads, "They're just to good to give away...". I don't suppose you can fix this? Now I am worried that the functionality and robustness of this programme might be suspect.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

I agree. However, we can't do anything about that. This is the user forum. I'm sure CC will address that if you open a 'Support Topic' though. :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Dan Boissonneault wrote:
I am trying out this software with the hope of buying it today; when I noticed grammatical errors within it. I went to the Urrgent tab to see how to improve my website standing, when I read not once, but twice, the word :"to" instead of "too". It reads, "They're just to good to give away...". I don't suppose you can fix this? Now I am worried that the functionality and robustness of this programme might be suspect.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will look into it. BTW, you spelled Urgent and program incorrectly. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Dan,

Can you be more specific on where exactly you are seeing this? I've tried to catch most of the grammar and spelling errors, but some do sneak through at times :P

What they need is what part of the Urgent message has this. In other words what particular issue is that paragraph or sentence part of. I'm sure they'll see about getting them corrected then asap. Thanks for the heads up, and please don't let that deter you from purchasing the program. The inner workings were not coded by the same person(s) that made the typing errors :P
User 54342 Photo

58 posts

My spelling of urgent was due to an unfortunate extra tap of the R key Scott. if I had to vet my sentence with a wordsmith, before I made an official document of it, I would have caught the slip. As for programme; we here in Canada use the Queen's English; so, therefore, I spell programme, organisation, realisation, colour, neighbour and countless other words, differently than you....
User 54342 Photo

58 posts

Here is a screenshot of the page.
Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Dan Boissonneault wrote:
As for programme; we here in Canada use the Queen's English; so, therefore, I spell programme, organisation, realisation, colour, neighbour and countless other words, differently than you....

...as do people in Europe before their spelling is messed with by americanisms... :P
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That Queen's English has always looked odd to me. I just see it as a typo. ;)

I have adjusted the text on that dialog. Thank you for reporting it.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.