File Compressor help - Post ID 268839

User 179977 Photo

158 posts

I am unsure what is happening when I use the file compressor. I compressed the html, js, and css files and uploaded them to my website. The compressor tool still shows the files flagged as needing to be compressed, but showing them at 100%. Is if normal for them to be flagged still?

Also, I am having a problem with a couple of files:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/coffeegrinder.min.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/wireframe-theme.min.css">
Not sure if it is one of them or both of them. The pages to my site are normally center justified. After uploading these 2 files they became left justified, so I reverted to the original files.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Any file with a .min in the file name is an already compressed file. You will not need to run that through the File Compressor again.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 179977 Photo

158 posts

Thanks Scott. What about:

I am unsure what is happening when I use the file compressor. I compressed the html, js, and css files and uploaded them to my website. The compressor tool still shows the files flagged as needing to be compressed, but showing them at 100%. Is if normal for them to be flagged still?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Phil wrote:
Thanks Scott. What about:

It shows them already being at 100% compressed so no need to compress them any further.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 179977 Photo

158 posts

Thanks Scott. I knew they were 100% compressed. I guess my question should have been why are they still showing up in the scan results as needing to be compressed if they are 100%. BTW thanks for all the great software and first class customer support. I am sure it is difficult at times dealing with us who are not quite up to speed. Thanks again.
User 2826919 Photo

53 posts

Every time I use the file compressor for css & js the entire sight crashes. Fortunately I learned long ago to back things up before making major changes. I am surprised that your analysis tool finds fault in code created by your products. I find Web Insights to be an excellent tool for improving SEO, although I do not understand why it does not recognize Twitter cards (reports link error), reports valid links as broken (I don't see the same errors when using Googles analysis tools or Bing's). I have read the DOC's with no success in determining what if anything I should do. Any thoughts?
Blissfully Ignorant In Jacksonville, Florida
When all else fails read the instructions.
www.website-design-jacksonville.com
RSD 5.0 what a pleasant surprise. Fantastic!
User 2826919 Photo

53 posts

Every time I use the file compressor for css & js the entire sight crashes. Fortunately I learned long ago to back things up before making major changes. I am surprised that your analysis tool finds fault in code created by your products. I find Web Insights to be an excellent tool for improving SEO, although I do not understand why it does not recognize Twitter cards (reports link error), reports valid links as broken (I don't see the same errors when using Googles analysis tools or Bing's). I have read the DOC's with no success in determining what if anything I should do. Any thoughts?
Blissfully Ignorant In Jacksonville, Florida
When all else fails read the instructions.
www.website-design-jacksonville.com
RSD 5.0 what a pleasant surprise. Fantastic!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.