Site Designer set other language -...

User 2336344 Photo

1 post

Hi all, can anyone tell me how to set sd to another language? So the site designer program is in my own language.

Cheers.
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

The language of the web pages can be properly declared by going to the following via the menu:
Pages > Manage Project > General Settings > Language.
That gives the option either to choose the language from a drop-down list, or for the program to detect the language.

If difficulties are found in entering text in a particular language, I think there are several users of the program whose mother tongue is not English, and who could advise how they deal with that matter.

Frank

PS. The question suggests a good knowledge of English, and I am assuming that the reference is not to having the whole Site Designer program itself in another language. I am unaware of any such facility to change the language of the program itself.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Someone has had those thoughts before. Some 12-13 years ago there was an initiative taken by some staffer at CC, asking us users to, as a first thing, translate the CC website. Spanish and Dutch were the languages wished for. Since I don't speak those two languages, I asked if perhaps German was of interest, and it was. So I set out and translated some 8-10 pages, but when I got to the legal stuff, I told them that I would rather not do those because I didn't want to be in the loop in case I happened to get something wrong. The answer was that they had already got a ZILLION of different translations performed by Google Translate, and you maybe know what they are worth, or what they were worth that long ago. So they gave up the project... :rolleyes:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.