Web forms on GoDaddy have stopped...

User 373703 Photo

74 posts

One website I have is on GoDaddy. Today all forms on the site have stopped working and show this error:

Your form could not be submitted for the following reason(s):

Warning: [ err 2/line 391/config.cls.php] session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/home/content/07/6548907/tmp/sess_t04hjlf2m7jdkhu8lp2ofrkuq6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)

I have re-uploaded all the forms and the entire website as well. It did not make a difference. Anyone know what has changed or have the same problem on GoDaddy?

thanks,
Lloyd
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

you need to contact godaddy as it looks like they may have changed something related to the PHP you are using.
Once you accomplish the impossible, then you can move on to the hard stuff!
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

If you Google: 2/line 391/config.cls.php or search in forum.

You will see various reasons.

Keith
User 373703 Photo

74 posts

Chuck,
After several hours online with GD their conclusion is this - "Your CC forms don't work. There are no problems on their end." They say they haven't made any changes to their server php settings. So all the forms on the website that have worked fine for more than a year and all stopped working at the same time last week, except the one form that is not hosted on their server, somehow is a problem with the form coding.

Keith,
I did run a Google search on the error. Really didn't tell me anything. The forms have run fine for more than 2 years, updating the php along the way, suddenly all the forms stop working at the same time and GoDaddy says "they didn't do anything. The problem is with the CC form code".

Lloyd
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

LLoyd,

If you are using GoDaddy with cPanel check the PHP version. CC forms doesn't support 7.1. Every time I try to use it, it crashes. Change the version in cPanel to 5.4, or 5.6 and see if that fixes the problem.
User 373703 Photo

74 posts

Chuck,

It was running 5.3 when it stopped working and I updated to 5.6, which all my other sites, not at GD are running on with no problem. They have to have changed something on their servers that reads the form code. But, Support (in India I believe) has no idea what they may have done to the servers here.

Thanks,
Lloyd
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Make sure Sessions are enabled.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

LLoyd,

I have had a LOT of problems with GoDaddy client sites. Like Eric says check that Sessions are enabled and cURL is active as well. This particular host changes things without telling clients. I always check that all my .html, .php, and other extensions work on my local hosted system before uploading them to any of the hosts out there. If they work locally, they should work on a host. If not, the host is usually the culprit.
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

This has come up before and each time:

PHP Sessions were not enabled on the server:
User 373703 Photo

74 posts

... and where do I check on the sessions or turn them on? The only settings for PHP is to change the version running. There is nothing in the Comm Forum about sessions and the Support guy I got had no idea what I was asking about. He just told me the servers were fine and they weren't the problem.

No, the account doesn't include cPanel. The site is just ftp uploaded.

Lloyd

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.