Web Form Builder with PHP 8 - Post ID...

User 2719045 Photo

48 posts

Hi

Has anyone had an update on this from Coffee Cup? I am using V2.9 but as it is not the current version I cannot submit a support ticket via my account. I have submitted an enquiry via helpme@coffeecup.com and so far have not had any response after over a month. Is V2.10 compatible with PHP 8? The posts above suggest not. If it isn't then has anyone found an alternative solution which isn't hosted on another server?

I need to upgrade my server from PHP 7 but with the majority of my clients having contact forms on their websites I cannot until I have a resolution to this problem.

Many thanks

Jeremy
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Jeremy

I am not aware of a solution yet.

The last thing I was told by CC:

Web Form Builder was tested with PHP 8.1 and should be compatible. The only thing is that PHP8.x does not support the sendmail framework anymore, so you have to configure your user.cfg.php file for the mail server settings to be used.

Keith
User 2719045 Photo

48 posts

Thanks Keith, I will take a look.

Regards

Jeremy
User 2238029 Photo

4 posts

Hi,
my webform does not work with PHP 8.1.14

It throws the following critical error "Fatal error: __autoload() is no longer supported, use spl_autoload_register() instead in /fbapp/php/config.inc.php on line 64".

My web hosting company will allow me to run (downgrade to) PHP 7.4.33 (where forms created with WFB 2.9 Build 5557 still works) until 15. February. But before that day I need a version of WFB that works with PHP 8

Thanks for your support
User 2719045 Photo

48 posts

An update on where I have got with this:

Version 2.9 definitely won't work with PHP 8 so I have upgraded to 2.10. This creates a very different user.cfg.php file to the previous version. With the PHP set to the latest version 8.2.1 the contact form created with WFB 2.9 does not show on the website but the one created with WFB 2.10 does so a bit of progress there.

The instructions found here tell you which parts of the user.cfg.php need changing for your server:

https://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles … rm-builder

Basically open in an editor, I use Dreamweaver, and change the entries in red on lines 30-36 to the settings required for your server (see below, the bits in Italic).

// Use this if the server needs authentication:
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['user'] = 'name@your_domain.com';
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['password'] = 'password';

// The address of the server
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['host'] = 'mail.your_domain.com';
//$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['host'] = 'smtp.gmail.com';

This will need updating every time you publish because the settings will be overwritten by the software.

This seems to work except under Notifications settings I have the Reply-To field set to [Email] but this no longer works if you click on reply to the email you receive. Not a big issue but less automated for the customer.

Now here's the bizarre bit. I am not sure whether this is just my mail server but as a test I republished without changing the user.cfg.php file and it still worked so you may get lucky and not have to make any changes.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jeremy
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

That seems to be a solution! I haven't got any server with the latest PHP to test it against, but I hope others will test it and report back! :)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Jeremy

Looks good.

I tried along similar lines but failed.

Now I have a tip after seeing your post. Yes I have version 2.10 but I did not re-publish form in 2.10. This could well solve the problem of form not displaying.

Only problem is I can not find my original source file.

Keith
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Just try it with a simpler file, and if it works ok, you can always take the trouble of creating a new source file.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2238029 Photo

4 posts

Hi,
with version 2.10 the form both displays and works. I did not need to tweak anything to get the emails (confirmation and notification) to work. However after the upgrade my form will not allow normal local date format (dd.mm.yyyy), but works with mm/dd/yyyy. Would it be possible to fix this (minor) issue also?

If I try it with dd.mm.yyyy format I get the following error when I submit the form:

Your form could not be submitted for the following reason(s):
Warning: [ err 2/line 293/validator.inc.php] Undefined property: stdClass::$minDate
Warning: [ err 2/line 298/validator.inc.php] Undefined property: stdClass::$maxDate

Ha en fin dag du også Inger :)
User 2238029 Photo

4 posts

Just to confirm the current status. webforms created with webform version 2.10 Build 5575 works with a server running PHP version 8.1.16 except that the date format (for the built in date selection) does not allow entries in the date format dd.mm.yyyy

So if you download the latest version of WFB (v 2.10) and save your forms then you should be OK under PHP 8

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.