Web Form Builder vs. WordPress - Post...

User 1891636 Photo

10 posts

I built a form in ver. 2.5 build 5437. Looks great when I do a preview but I really don't know what I need in the setting. This is what I entered;

General Tab - Justed entered the form name "event" and changed the time zone and city, didn't want a pop-up so I left that unchecked
Form Publishing - not using S-Drive so I left it blank
Confirm Email - To: [Email] From: myemail@myurl.com, didn't know if I was supposed to put my email address there or not. And if so, do I put my email associated with my hosting account (.gmail) or can I put one I created with that hosting account (myurl.com)? I changed the subject to what I wanted and used Just Confirm and make a few tweaks to that code. There is a line that says "If you need any additional information, don't hesitate to contact us" and the contact us is a link, what does that use as an email address? The "From" block that I left empty?
Confirm Page - I just pointed it back to my main page, not sure what the other two do.
Notifications - To: enter my gmail.com email associated with my hosting account. CC and BCC blank. Reply-To: entered [Email] From: left blank, not sure what that's used for. Used Serious Submit Alert and Changed the Subject and left the rest because it's coming to me and I don't care what it looks like as long as I get the results. ALSO, I am allowing them to send me an image, that should be included with the results also correct?
Storing Results - Blank, I plan on having the information emailed to me including an image if they decide to send on.
Mailing List and Payment I don't use.

I've been on your site using your help pages, they are helpful to a point but are designed for people who understand this stuff and how it works. Also, it talks a lot about using Red way too much and makes it hard to filter out what I need to do not using Red, probably missed a few things.

I then exported my form manually and took the event.php and the event folder along with everything inside that was created and uploaded it to my WordPress root directory ( where wp-config.php and wo-login.php are located ) . I then pasted the code created to a post and a page with and without <code></code>. Nothing. I then read on here about putting the direct link so I put http://www.ulr.com/event.php in the four places specified in the code. Nothing. I removed the Iframe reference in a post I read on here. Nothing. I removed the direct link and put ../ in front of the links again read in a post on here. Still nothing.

Below is my latest attempt, again before the event.php and the event/event.html, I have tried http://url.com/. I have tried it with and without the <code>, I removed the iframe as suggested in one post. Not sure what to do now. I'm sure it works, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but what????

<code><script type="text/javascript">document.write(unescape("%3Ciframe id=\"fb_iframe\" src=\"../event.php" + window.location.search + "\" width=\"600\" height=\"2205\"allowtransparency=\"true\" scrolling=\"no\" frameborder=\"0\"%3E&lt;a href=\"../event.php\" title=\"event\"&gt;Check out my CoffeeCup Form&lt;/a&gt;%3C/iframe%3E"));</script>
<noscript>
<iframe width="600" height="2205" style="border:none; background:transparent; overflow:hidden;"
id="fb_iframe" src="../event/event.html">
<a href="../event.php" title="event">Check out my CoffeeCup Form</a>
</iframe>
</noscript></code>

User 1891636 Photo

10 posts

Well, I was able to get the form to show up on my web page, not sure why it decided to do so but I have my changes installed and I'm not messing with it!!! UNLESS Someone can tell me if I don't have something set up correctly below. I'd appreciate it if someone can look at it and give me some pointers on what should be there!

Thanks!

General Tab - Justed entered the form name "event" and changed the time zone and city, didn't want a pop-up so I left that unchecked
Form Publishing - not using S-Drive so I left it blank
Confirm Email - To: [Email] From: myemail@myurl.com, didn't know if I was supposed to put my email address there or not. And if so, do I put my email associated with my hosting account (.gmail) or can I put one I created with that hosting account (myurl.com)? I changed the subject to what I wanted and used Just Confirm and make a few tweaks to that code. There is a line that says "If you need any additional information, don't hesitate to contact us" and the contact us is a link, what does that use as an email address? The "From" block that I left empty?
Confirm Page - I just pointed it back to my main page, not sure what the other two do.
Notifications - To: enter my gmail.com email associated with my hosting account. CC and BCC blank. Reply-To: entered [Email] From: left blank, not sure what that's used for. Used Serious Submit Alert and Changed the Subject and left the rest because it's coming to me and I don't care what it looks like as long as I get the results. ALSO, I am allowing them to send me an image, that should be included with the results also correct?
Storing Results - Blank, I plan on having the information emailed to me including an image if they decide to send on.
Mailing List and Payment I don't use.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.