It's going up to $69? - Post ID 184522

User 127327 Photo

57 posts

Well, It's still expensive.
User 127327 Photo

57 posts

Well, it looks like you can add one to your site after you publish it in the lite version. You just have to add the code:
<script type="text/javascript">document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='http" + (document.location.protocol == 'https:' ? 's' : '') + "://www.coffeecup.com/api/sdrive/forms/form.js?name=form%26slug=4673%26width=602%26height=574' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));</script>

I guess you can use the Classic Version too. It could be worse or better. Oh well.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Of course, that is how S-Drive works Ralph. You publish your form to S-Drive and embed it into your site. Also, you got to do that for FREE. How is that too expensive! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 127327 Photo

57 posts

Ya. True. :D
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Software you get to use over and over, is not expensive if you have a real use. A dinner will set you back a 100 smackers these days and it is a one use deal. I hate parting with money being pensioner but if I got it I will buy it, I have a number of CC wares and there are a couple more I have my eyes on. Why CC ? It is one company that REALLY supports its customers. I would not be on this forum if I did not respect the company. $69 In Australia that's 2 slabs of beer. (That's 24 x 375ml cans per slab) Explanation for those of you unfortunate enough not living in our beautiful Southern Land :)
The Guy from OZ

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Agreed Prism,

You can easily spend $39 (which is the current cost of the program until the price goes up so stop delaying so we don't have to hear you guys griping that you missed the price increase lol) on a single dinner out for you and one other person at a nice restaurant. Heck here in Alabama, it wouldn't even have to be that nice lol, they are just expensive here.

That's one thing, one time, never again will you use that food (other than leftovers lol), drink or anything else to recoup the cost.

With the software here it's, buy it once and updates for the life of the program. Even at $69 that's quite a deal since many other programs cost that much (CSS3 Menu Maker comes to mind which costs $69 for a business license that gives you unlimited domains to place them on, any fee below that limits you on how many domains you can actually use it with so that's pretty restricting). It also doesn't state clearly their update policy so my guess is at some point you will pay again for an update.

Lots of software companies charge that type of price, we're just not used to it here is all, but it's well worth it for sure, so much more functionality than the Flash one ever had. With that much more going for it, and all the work extra they did to create this program for us, it's only right they should get more for it wouldn't you think? After all, this wasn't just an update, it was a full program write and they did a phenomenal job on it giving us wayyyyy more features than the Flash version was already, and we still have more very big features coming.

Just some food for thought :)
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Ralph wrote:
Well, It's still expensive.

Yep... Gone for a few weeks and how did I know I'd read at least one post like this...

Guess you want them to open their programs up to pay by donation? AND still give you updates for life?
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Simply put... If you want it for $39 buy it now... If you want to pay more, keep posting about the price going up.
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 2289201 Photo

5 posts

Expensive?

I've been using CoffeeeCup software since 2002 when I had a Blue Domino hosting account and bought one of the "cup" packages (yeah I know, seriously low post count). I've never regretted buying that or additional apps over the years. The prices are always reasonable especially since upgrades are for life (rarely seen) and CoffeeCup usually gives discounts like this one on new or significantly enhanced apps.

In this case it was even better since I had a coupon from my last purchase that gave me an additional 20% off!

I agree with Scott that this tool could easily sell for $99.00. At that price it would still be a deal.

I still want 6-8 more apps that have come out over the years just so I can play with them because their stuff is just, well, cool! I still play with some of the discontinued :( tools for the same reason. BUT patience is a virtue, like saving anywhere I can and I'll eventually get them with coupons or advertised discounts in hand.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.