How to upload my form - Post ID 178978

User 2212060 Photo

9 posts

Is there any way beside S-drive to get my forms into my local webs. I cannot get this form to place to users email address where I can reply back. All I get it an error that I am missing something!!!! This is not the best format for publishing. As a matter of fact I hate it and probably will stay with the old program until something changes.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

To publish your form to your own server, go to the File Menu > Export > Manual Server Setup. This will then generate all of your form files that you need to upload to your server. Simply take those files and upload them with any FTP client. We only support direct form publishing to S-Drive through the software.

These instructions will help:
http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … your-page/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Also keep in mind that if you have the Lite version of the software, that is only good for S-Drive. You would need the Full paid version to export your forms for manual input to your servers.
User 2337327 Photo

1 post

Thank you Scott, this is exactly what I wanted (a link to server instructions!)
M.
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

I believe the issue presented by Mike (correct me if I'm wrong), and which I'm running into as well is:

After entering the required info in the Settings > Saving Data tab of the form for manual export to a MySQL database--as in my case--the program keeps popping up with the "Hold On" message asking to check those very settings that have been filled in under the above tab for MySQL. And of course will not continue until this is done. I'm not sure if the WFB is looking for a specific field string or not?
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

In other words, even though all the fields are properly inputted this HOLD ON message keeps popping up instructing me to recheck the settings as though I've left one out and will not allow me to continue.

Server = mysql
Port = 0
Username = ****
Password = ****
Database name = enewsletter
Table name = signup

All the appropriate fields are entered but, WFB disagrees. What am I doing wrong here. I had no trouble with the older version. I'm sure it's me but, I just can't figure out where to go from here. This is a Yahoo based web server with PHP and MySql enabled. As I said, it worked with the older version of WFB. Any help is most appreciated. And yes, the port is zero for this database. Also, Yahoo uses 'mysql' instead of the default 'localhost' for the server name. This database is installed under the domain root folder for our website.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,188 posts
Online Now

Are you trying to publish to S-Drive or Manual Server?
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The word "MySQL" is not a valid server. You need to put there localhost or your domain name. I can also guarantee port 0 is incorrect.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

Eric, yes, it's manual. Scott, mysql is the server's name, and yes oddly enough it is port 0. I've doubled checked it in phpMyAdmin, and of course this worked with the previous version of WFB.

I might try the localhost server name, but Yahoo specifically instructs users to indicate the 'mysql' as the server's name rather than 'localhost'. Again, this worked before.

###

Copied from Yahoo help page:

"Q: Why can't I access my database?

A: If your PHP or Perl configuration files require a host name, you may have a problem with your host name. Make sure that you are using the host name mysql, not the default host name localhost.

Next check to see that you are using the correct user name and password combination. You must create a user name and password when you set up your database; you'll need this user name and password anytime you want to access your MySQL database. Learn more.

If you're still seeing a problem, make sure that you have not initiated a database backup, database restoration, or database repair. If you have initiated any of these actions, your database will become inaccessible until the operation is complete. To view your database status, click the "MySQL Database" link on the Create & Update tab of your Web Hosting Control Panel, then click the "Database Status" link.

If you have deleted the user yroot from your MySQL database or changed the password for this user, you will no longer be able to access your database. Your database will need to be reset.

Finally make sure that you have not exceeded your total disk space quota. If you exceed the disk space available in your plan, your database scripts will no longer function on your web site, and you will not be able to access your database. To solve this problem, you can either delete enough files to bring your account below your disk space limit or switch to our Yahoo! Web Hosting plan, which includes unlimited disk space. Once you are below your limit, database access will be restored.

Please note that you can access your database using either PHP or Perl scripts run from your web site or the phpMyAdmin database management tool. You can create custom scripts or install publicly available packages that use a MySQL database, such as our advanced add-ons. You will not be able to access your database using a desktop client or other tools run outside of Yahoo!"

###

I'll try and figure it out, but the problem isn't really the information in the field, but that WFB keeps popping up with the 'HOLD ON' some fields are missing window, when all fields are entered. And just to note, I've gone back and entered localhost and or domain. Let me try port 3306 and see, but with the last version this didn't work, only port 0 worked. Thanks guys. I realize you're trying to help.
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

Okay, I went ahead in WFB and changed port 0 back to port 3306 and this time it let it through to export without the 'Hold On' popup. Apparently, the software didn't like the port being set to zero and failed to register as a valid entry. Still, the port for my database is 0 (zero) according to phpMyAdmin control variables and it worked before. Hopefully it will still work with the 3306.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.