Attachment sizes - Post ID 232609

User 458539 Photo

1,583 posts

Need to add an option to upload file to my form.

1) Can they add more than one file?
2) most email have a capacity of 20mb (I think). If the attachment(s) exceed that will there be a errror message? I know you can declare the file size and if I set at lets say 10Mb if they exceed I'm hoping that there will be and error page or something that indicates that it will not go through.

Thanks in advance

Byron
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Byron,

Not sure on the file size for all emails, but I'm pretty sure the form builder is default at 8mb so you'll need to change that if you want it larger. I don't know about the error message as to whether it gives one or not though.

You can add more than one file with the newest build of form builder. I believe you add multiple elements to achieve this.
User 458539 Photo

1,583 posts

Thanks

I have the newest version of form builder. But don't understand the rest - I made a demo form and tried to add multiple files (they are small so I know thats not a problem) but I can't get it to add more than just one file. Are you meaning that I have to set up a separate Attach a file - ie if I want them to be able to send 4 files I need to have 4 separate attach a File fields?

Thanks again
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Correct,

For each attachment you would like the person to attach to the form you would need to add an upload element.
User 458539 Photo

1,583 posts

And if say the third one exceeded the size it would show the red line saying exceeding etc correct?

Thanks

Byron
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Once your customer attempts to submit the form they will receive the error.

I have uploaded a test form here http://coffeecup-test.coffeecup.com/forms/upload/

Feel free to test it out or create your own test form. :P
User 458539 Photo

1,583 posts

Thanks!
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

:P
User 2686783 Photo

84 posts

I have this same question. I have a form that allows for 5 photos to be uploaded, just like Adam's test form. I tried Adam's test form and for the fourth and fifth files, I received an error message - The file "XXX.JPG" is larger than the maximum file size allowed. The error message doesn't say what the largest file allowed is.

1 - What is the largest file allowed? I would like to be able to put that information is a hint.

2 - Can I change the largest file allowed? What file(s) contains that information so I could make the necessary changes?

3 - I am a beginner, so what do I need to know about problems I may run into if I change the largest file allowed? (I come up with great ideas not always understand what the consequences might be if they are implemented.)
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

1 - What is the largest file allowed? I would like to be able to put that information is a hint.

This depends on your server. Most servers allow up to 8mb however that can be lower or higher. :) It is also a setting in WFB.

http://s17.postimg.org/hkxo2hanj/max_file_size.png

2 - Can I change the largest file allowed? What file(s) contains that information so I could make the necessary changes?

You should be able to change the file size allowed depending on your server. For instructions see http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … load-size/

3 - I am a beginner, so what do I need to know about problems I may run into if I change the largest file allowed? (I come up with great ideas not always understand what the consequences might be if they are implemented.)

You could cause issues if you do not code it correctly when making the change to your server. :P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.