Calendar Too Large - Post ID 153374

User 2070607 Photo

22 posts

Hi Everyone,

I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I've been using the site designer and other apps for some time now. I just downloaded the Web Calendar trial last night. The look is great and the calendar creation is simple. However, I can't get the calendar to fit appropriately in the space I designated it for on the web page. Please take a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong.

http://www.westinneschurchofchrist.org/Events.html

As you can see, the calendar goes way off of the page. I just want it to fit nicely in the blank area on this page.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

You got the width of the calendar too big.

In the calendar program under themes icon, when the pop up shows, look for Calendar width box. Change it to something less, maybe try 500 px wide.

You will need to save and export your calendar again so that it publishes the new calendar size.

Let us know how it turns out.

Kim

User 2070607 Photo

22 posts

Thanks Kim. That took care of the problem. It would still be nice if you could drag the size of the calendar to fit the exact space that you want to fill but at least for now this looks like it's going to work for me.

I do have another question though. Is it normal that every time I update a page or two and save the website on my computer, the site designer takes out the code that I had to paste in for the calendar? It seems as though anytime I save the project through site designer, I have to go back and work on the calendar all over again.

Thanks again for your help!

Jeff
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

No it should not remove it. I am not sure what version of visual designer you are using. When you insert html code it gives you header code and body code areas. Just make sure that you have the correct code in the header html and the body html.

However, if you update your calendar the code for this will change - in the body html code below, you can see the var max date and min date may change. If it does then the code needs to be updated.

<!-- This is where the calendar HTML will be inserted -->
<div id="cc_webcalendar">
<p>Error, content did not load.</p>
</div>

<!-- this loads the calendar -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var maxdate=new Date("03/01/2012");
var mindate=new Date("12/01/2010");
loadTodaysCalendar(mindate,maxdate,"calendar");
</script>

Anytime you modify a page in visual site designer, nothing should disappear unless it was deleted. So if you are finding this is happening, please submit a ticket to support and share with them, only because if you found a bug, then it should be reported so they can fix it. Be sure to include what version of visual and calendar you are using too, it helps them.

I am sorry if that does not help. But I don't see where anything should disappear with out assistance from the user.

Kim

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.