Is it just me? #2 - Post ID 302100

User 556652 Photo

146 posts

Is anyone besides myself confused by the "Windows Software you own:" table under "Your Purchases"?

OLD software that isn't even supported shows there. You Purchase the Super Pack and some of the Software in the Pack show and expiration date; others show Released and Downloaded date. Does that not confuse you or is it just me?

1,535 posts

I regularly check the 'Your Purchases' list to see whether there are updates available, and find it best simply to click on the 'Last Updated' title to bring the most recent updates to the top. That saves scrolling through the rest of the items unless, exceptionally, I need to download something again.

I don't have all the available software, but my list suggests that the logic may be as follows.
(a) Discontinued software could still be in use, and one might need to download it again if a hard drive failed.
(b) Other software seems to have an expiry date for free support and upgrades where under the 2019 licensing arrangements ( https://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles … ng-policy/ ).
(c) Products not under the 2019 licensing arrangements, but not discontinued, are presumably still supported without annual subscription, at least for the time being.

Frank
User 556652 Photo

146 posts

Frank Cook wrote:
I regularly check the 'Your Purchases' list to see whether there are updates available, and find it best simply to click on the 'Last Updated' title to bring the most recent updates to the top. That saves scrolling through the rest of the items unless, exceptionally, I need to download something again.

I don't have all the available software, but my list suggests that the logic may be as follows.
(a) Discontinued software could still be in use, and one might need to download it again if a hard drive failed.
(b) Other software seems to have an expiry date for free support and upgrades where under the 2019 licensing arrangements ( https://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles … ng-policy/ ).
(c) Products not under the 2019 licensing arrangements, but not discontinued, are presumably still supported without annual subscription, at least for the time being.

Frank

I guess I'm still confused. What I am mainly interested in is the Pack purchase. Older, no longer updated I get. But last year I purchased the Super Pack. I would think all items purchased in that pack should show the same expiration date. The page could be done showing all pertinent information.

Just weird.

1 post

Any update?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.