no more flash - Post ID 203506

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,186 posts
Online Now

Inger Eik wrote:
Check the new update that was launched yesterday! No more Flash! :D

It's still flash on the version I downloaded.;)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 503621 Photo

266 posts

:( i wish cc offer soon the html5 export
User 338651 Photo

2 posts

Websites and Flash. In the past I have always loved flash on websites and before the smartphone, flash sites were all the rage. It's unfortunate I guess but like it or not flash is an issue with 2013 and websites. Apple is a huge contender and regardless if you agree or not, a lot of people own multiple Apple devices and other brand devices that they access their sites and browse the web with. It's like Email, that was they way to go for communicating. But now texting and Facebook notifications are the way this generation communicates. We don't have to like it, it's just the way it is. Even businesses are catching the wave and using Twitter and Facebook pages to promote. That being said, I will also add that "Responsive" websites are going to be the new requested thing for websites. Not because of Apple devices but because there are so many different types of phones and tablets with different screen size resolutions and such, it's impossible to keep up. The responsive website will format to any phone. Just my thoughts. We can ignore it and become stagnant or try to be relevant in an ever changing web world.
User 298877 Photo

Ambassador
292 posts

Quincy Follweiler wrote:
Websites and Flash. In the past I have always loved flash on websites and before the smartphone, flash sites were all the rage. It's unfortunate I guess but like it or not flash is an issue with 2013 and websites. Apple is a huge contender and regardless if you agree or not, a lot of people own multiple Apple devices and other brand devices that they access their sites and browse the web with. It's like Email, that was they way to go for communicating. But now texting and Facebook notifications are the way this generation communicates. We don't have to like it, it's just the way it is. Even businesses are catching the wave and using Twitter and Facebook pages to promote. That being said, I will also add that "Responsive" websites are going to be the new requested thing for websites. Not because of Apple devices but because there are so many different types of phones and tablets with different screen size resolutions and such, it's impossible to keep up. The responsive website will format to any phone. Just my thoughts. We can ignore it and become stagnant or try to be relevant in an ever changing web world.

Hi Quincy,

We're on the road to exactly what you predict...
    HTML5 & CSS3 are mastered in CC HTML Editor
    CC Web Form Builder is no longer Flash based & is standards compliant
    Animation Studio lets you create animations free of any Flash
    No doubt, in 2013 there will be more similar evolution for us from CoffeeCup

Merry Christmas :)
Dave
User 338651 Photo

2 posts

That's great to hear Dave! I've been a customer for quite a few years but have stepped back because of the flash issue. Looking forward CoffeeCup in 2013!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Let's also not forget that the Photo Gallery has the HTML setup for using it on S-Drive. You can't export the code for your own server, but you can use an iframe to display it on your own server which can work just as well. This gives you a non flash gallery to work with too then :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.