Modal Window Program - Post ID 102145

User 485467 Photo

4 posts

I have found that allot of clients are looking for this functionality recently. They see it on another site and love it, then they ask for it. I work primarily out of Flash making it invaluable for pulling dynamic HTML content from providers into a Flash site without seemingly opening up another full-fledged browser window, but more recently I have been creating simple, low-budget sites for local businesses out of VSD and really think that a Modal Window option in VSD or Flash Photo Gallery would enhance the packages greatly. This solution where the parent window is dimmed/darkened gives a very dramatic effect to what is being presented, especially photo galleries or project/personnel profiles (with photos), or product images.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya chas,

You can use the Lightbox2 setup which is very similiar. Just do a google search for Lightbox and you should be able to find it in a few places to download the files for it. It's SUPER easy to setup and works pretty slick I think. You can see an example on my main site page if you click the photos on the page it allows you to click through a number of pictures that you put in a setup. Quite a slick little addon.
User 244141 Photo

Ambassador
1,209 posts

You can also use something like thickbox.js or smoothbox.js and frame cc photo gallery in it. :)

Web Design: https://www.websnoogie.com
Member - BBB: Websnoogie, LLC

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.