Site mapper locking up consistently...

User 1982210 Photo

18 posts

I am also having problems with the latest release. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it fails. When I look at the Task Manager, the sitemapper process is consuming all of the CPU. I have let it run to see if it comes out, but in the end I have to kill the process. I am running 32 bit Vista.
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Scott, I am having the same problem with my update as well. Did not have this problem on the previous release.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Before I can really do anything, I need a lot more information. As we all know, there could be any 1 of 1000 reasons why this does not work you. The more detailed information I can get, the better I can advise.

Is is reproducible for all sites you scan? Can you use the software on another computer without it locking up? What sort of ant-virus applications do you have running? Have you tried turning them off to see if that helps? Did you recently apply any system updates? Can you boot into safe-mode and run a scan? Are you using a 64-bit system (note 64-bit is not supported for this program).

These are just a few items off the top of my head ;) I really need to see some sort of pattern to get a better understanding of things.

Please send this info along in a support ticket if you can so we can track it on our end.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

I need to troubleshoot some more before i waste supports time. I just saw the post and wanted to throw my problem in there as well. I have only had a chance to test it on one site. :cool:
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

If you are anyone wants to drop me an e-mail directly with any questions, you can reach me at scott@coffeecup.com
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 105284 Photo

11 posts

Same issue here....hasn't worked correctly since upgrade to newest version. Starts out ok, and then just stops with tons of url's left to do. Version before this one worked *perfectly*. I'm running Vista (32), Kapersky Anti-Virus. I haven't tried to uninstall and reinstall yet, nor have I tried to run with antivirus off. When I have time I'll try both of those. Again, the version before the newest update worked perfectly on the same system, bells n' whistles :)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I really can't think of anything else off hand Lyndon. The only thing I can think of is a 3rd party program is still interfering with our software. I know from personal experience even turning off an anti-virus program still really doesn't prevent it from loading. A good test is to boot your computer into safe mode with networking and run your scan. If it works, then that proves it has something to do with one of those programs.
User 105284 Photo

11 posts

ok....i revo uninstalled, stopped kapersky, reinstalled, still doesn't work properly.

how can i get the earlier, old-school version (before the theme/buttons additions, et al)? i really need to get my sites mapped.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

zyde wrote:
ok....i revo uninstalled, stopped kapersky, reinstalled, still doesn't work properly.

how can i get the earlier, old-school version (before the theme/buttons additions, et al)? i really need to get my sites mapped.

Please open a support ticket and one of our techs can get a copy to you.
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

just passin by, no problems to report on this end, it has been running like a champ.
version 5.3, build 222
xp SP1, avast, ZoneAlarm pro.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.