Whats new in 4.0.23285 - Post ID 292164

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Is that your 'war face' Tony? :D
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Where does one go to set the "Default Mode" from the toggle breakpoints dropdown?
Learn something, Share something.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Bosco wrote:
Where does one go to set the "Default Mode" from the toggle breakpoints dropdown?

To the toggle breakpoints tab there it is first choice
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Wayan is, of course, right.

In mobile first situations, the choices are, I think

1. Default mode: the breakpoints affected by any style changes will be the breakpoint immediately below wherever the slider happens to be and above.

2. Disable all breakpoints: style changes will be treated as for a one-pixel breakpoint regardless of where the slider happens to be and above.

3. Enable single breakpoint: sets the slider at that breakpoint, style changes affecting that breakpoint and above.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I have asked about the thoughts behind having breakpoints turned off as the default, and it appears that they have had so many issues with people who start making their design at desktop width and then cannot understand why it doesn't work when they narrow the viewport, so to combat that, they let us start without any br.p. This is only if you start a new project from blank, or from a theme, not when you open a project that has been started earlier.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

Ernie Hodge wrote:
Is that your 'war face' Tony? :D

I remember smiling once. It was a long time ago and it hurt so I try not to do it too often. :)

Seems I have perfected it....

Oh I suffer from PTSD too, what a coincidence. We are both barking mad....
Tony
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

I took the default mode checked to mean when checked, the software would do what you told it your preference was. Just another click/step you have to remember, but I understand CC's view.
Learn something, Share something.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

The starting of new projects in 'Disable All Breakpoints' mode does seem wise to me, but it does also render confusing the name 'Default Mode'. What a new project starts with by default might be expected to be the default mode. I would suggest that the option be renamed as 'Enable All Breakpoints'.

Frank
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Just a postscript to my previous post. As the word 'toggle' means to switch between two options (not three), and as the button doesn't actually do any toggling, but just offers a drop-down selection, I would suggest the button be renamed just as 'Breakpoints'.

I see that my 'definitions' post could have been more succinctly put as follows: "The widths/viewports affected by style changes are indicated by the highlighted part of the slider line."

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.