Website preview is great, when...

User 10883 Photo

5 posts

I've been using Site Designer for years. I am very much an amateur. Recently when I went to change colors and revise some text on my website, the preview version looked as designed, but the published website is really bad. Residual colors from the old site, stretched images, wrong colors, etc. I reloaded it several times and even tried to republish the older version, but now the older version that's published is messed up as well. The previews on the old and revised versions look fine. Don't even know where to start...

published version: setsetset.com

Thank you all for any help.
User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

Michael Bias wrote:
I've been using Site Designer for years. I am very much an amateur. Recently when I went to change colors and revise some text on my website, the preview version looked as designed, but the published website is really bad. Residual colors from the old site, stretched images, wrong colors, etc. I reloaded it several times and even tried to republish the older version, but now the older version that's published is messed up as well. The previews on the old and revised versions look fine. Don't even know where to start...

published version: setsetset.com

Thank you all for any help.

You need to let us have the project file

If you zip it first as long as it isn't too large then you should be able to upload it here, if not put it into dropbox and give the link.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

Before you do that you could try re-uploading the CSS and JS folders to your hosting. It could be that there is a problem there.

Try first

Then don't forget to clear chache from the browser before viewing again
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

In my experience Site Designer usually links to the main.css file as follows -
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/main.css">

https://www.setsetset.com/ pages are linking to -
<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/customizations/main.css">
There is a main.css file at that address, but perhaps it's not the latest main.css file.

Since the project shows OK in Preview/Preview on..., I guess it will also look OK if it's exported to the local hard drive and browsed there. If that is the case, it may be easiest to delete the folders and files from the online site and upload the folders and files that were exported to the hard drive.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.