Title tag for an image - Post ID 301625

User 256592 Photo

Ambassador
16 posts

Is there any way in Site Designer to add a title to an image? I can't find any way without opening the code and inserting it directly to the HTML - what a pain. Using Site Designer 5, Frameworkless, Desktop Down. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Dick VB wrote:
Is there any way in Site Designer to add a title to an image? I can't find any way without opening the code and inserting it directly to the HTML - what a pain. Using Site Designer 5, Frameworkless, Desktop Down. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Do You Mean A Title Or An Alt-title

If its a title and you want it to be a semantic 'image-caption
Then you need to put some text in the container holding the image

set container to position=relative
set the image to position = relative,,
set the text to position absolute,, then play with wiidths/margins etc until the text is in the desired position
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Adding a tag to an image doesn't need to involve editing the HTML after export. It can be done within Site Designer (at least in recent versions of it) using the Element panel Content Code box.

This post shows how to do it.

Frank
User 3149860 Photo

4 posts

Yes, there is a way to add a title to an image in Site Designer.

First, select the image you want to add a title to. Then, go to the "Properties" panel on the right-hand side of the screen. Under the "General" tab, you should see an option to add a "Title" attribute to the image. Simply type in the title you want to add, and it will be automatically included in the HTML code.

Alternatively, you can also add a title to an image by right-clicking on the image and selecting "Edit Image Properties." From there, you can enter the desired title in the "Title" field.

I hope this helps!
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

That is indeed the method for adding a title to a Picture Link element.

Frank
User 256592 Photo

Ambassador
16 posts

Thanks you all for your help, but I am still mystified. I vaguely remember a title field in the properties section of the Style tab for the picture ... which I think is what you are describing ... in previous versions of Site Designer. But now there seems to be no field for title at all. I am using version 5 build 3541 which I believe is the most current. Do you all see a title field any where? I've attached a screenshot of the properties section of the style tab. Am I just dense or is something missing?
Attachments:
User 256592 Photo

Ambassador
16 posts

Thanks you all for your help, but I am still mystified. I vaguely remember a title field in the properties section of the Style tab for the picture ... which I think is what you are describing ... in previous versions of Site Designer. But now there seems to be no field for title at all. I am using version 5 build 3541 which I believe is the most current. Do you all see a title field any where? I've attached a screenshot of the properties section of the style tab. Am I just dense or is something missing?
Attachments:
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Dick VB wrote:
... is something missing?

The screen-shots show the position for Picture elements. The title field for pictures appears only when one is using Picture Link elements.

In the Media section of the Content panel Picture Link elements should be shown immediately to the right of the Picture elements.

Frank
User 256592 Photo

Ambassador
16 posts

Thanks, Frank. I guess this puts me back to square one .... a title tag for a picture has to be inserted in the HTML code. Appreciate your help.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Dick VB wrote:
... I guess this puts me back to square one .... a title tag for a picture has to be inserted in the HTML code ...

That is so only if one uses the Picture Element in Site Designer. If one uses the Picture Link element, there is a Title box for completion in the Element panel.

The Picture Link element doesn't need to go to a link (just enter "#!" without the inverted commas in the Href box), and the cursor can be set to whatever one pleases in Styles > Design > Cursor.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.