Suggestions for Responsive Site...

User 451981 Photo

92 posts

I hope everyone had a terrific Christmas.

I would really like the Settings window with the title, keywords, header, footer etc to pop out and be more like the one in the old VSD.
1. Black writing on a white back ground
2. Bigger text
3. The ability to turn on global titles, keywords, headers etc. Then turn them off afterwards to tweak them individually
I think the old VSD had a Google analytics window as well that made it so much easier to work with. I also think you are going to need a structured data window in the settings pane

Thanks
If you stand by,the ocean, it sounds like you are holding a conch to your ear.
User 524541 Photo

11 posts

I recommend that the design panel have a fixed header to, at a minimum, display the item selected, as I often find myself confused as to what I am editing.
In addition, I would like the default to be to maintain the vertical position of the design panel from selection to selection as we often wish to view/edit the same parameters. I get tired of sliding it down again and again.
A quick button at the top of the slider or some such would allow us to jump to the top of the panel as desired.
User 524541 Photo

11 posts

Cutting and pasting support can really use improvement via visibility. It is not clear or stable what is selected to be copied/cut/pasted and it is not very clear or controllable where a paste will go. I haven't discovered any group selection options yet. Good dragging visibility would be good.
User 2699991 Photo

4,824 posts
Online Now

Roger Rowell wrote:
Cutting and pasting support can really use improvement via visibility. It is not clear or stable what is selected to be copied/cut/pasted and it is not very clear or controllable where a paste will go. I haven't discovered any group selection options yet. Good dragging visibility would be good.

In all my years using rsd/rff never had a problem cutting & pasting,, select the thing you want to cut,,(check in inspector panel if you are not sure) right click ,, up comes a menue with a selection "CUT" click that,, boom it's cut,,

select the thing where you want it to be pasted (check again in inspector if you want),, right click select "paste from the menu,,, BANG in it goes,,,
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,463 posts
Online Now

Roger Rowell wrote:
I recommend that the design panel have a fixed header to, at a minimum, display the item selected, as I often find myself confused as to what I am editing.
In addition, I would like the default to be to maintain the vertical position of the design panel from selection to selection as we often wish to view/edit the same parameters. I get tired of sliding it down again and again.
A quick button at the top of the slider or some such would allow us to jump to the top of the panel as desired.

+100000!
I have asked for this several times during the last year!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

That would be helpful!
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Freeway offers a very neat feature 'Edit URL's' ...

http://coffeecup.rvanheukelum.com/edit-urls.png

This should be a nice addition to RSD/RBB/RFF/RED as well ... adjust or change hyperlinks in your whole project from just one place.

– Richard
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 524541 Photo

11 posts

I suggest that the label of the selected item (Column,Row,etc) be kept displayed for selected items to confirm/clarify what is currently selected on the project. Also, as I previously suggested, the selected item, at a minimum, in the right hand menu should be a fixed header and be easier to read , again, to help confirm what is currently selected.
User 524541 Photo

11 posts

I am sure the guy who wrote this understands perfectly. Unfortunately, very few others will. This is an example of a "blocking" message, one from which most cannot move forward to accomplish what they want to do. Time for some professional human factors help.
Attachments:
User 524541 Photo

11 posts

When an item is selected it would be helpful to fill the item with a light dot pattern to make the structure more obvious. Several option setting for this feature could be included if you feel they would be helpful.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.