Structure Data Usage - Post ID 291980

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Thanks for checking that out.

The question is whether SD is itself causing the problem or whether it's caused by something lingering on the server from previous work on the site. I guess the ultimate test is temporarily (very temporary, so that robots don't start finding duplicate sites) to upload direct from the SD project file to some available web space on another server, and see whether the same thing happens.

Frank

PS The changing of the project file to include https doesn't, of course, prove that SD caused the problem. What I thought my observation demonstrated was that the 'result' screenshot related to something that had not been generated by SD, which at the time was showing just http. FC
User 2503578 Photo

102 posts

Frank,

I did open the html from my PC and got the same result. However, the problem goes away if I edit the html and place the Structured Data prior to the Custom Code Settings. The website shows correctly on both my PC and on the hosting server.

Diana

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Thanks for your patience. It seems that a report in 'My Support Room' would indeed be appropriate.

If you do make, or have already made, such a report, it will be interesting to learn the outcome in this thread..

Frank
User 2503578 Photo

102 posts

Frank,

Yes, thank you, I reported it yesterday and will share what they advise.

Diana
User 2503578 Photo

102 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
DianaH wrote:
Now that I used the Google Test and it passed without errors, I'm still getting this strange result. See the jpg attached to see how it shows up at the top of my website. Am I doing something wrong?

Thats from the whatever you have in your header section, not being enclosed in brackets whatever they need wherever you got that from

check wherever you got that snippet from and maker sure you have copied all the required code (including brackets)

Wayan, you were so right!! I was just looking in the wrong place. Since I never had an error before and the Custom Code had been in there for a while, I assumed the Custom Code was fine. The problem only made itself known when I used Structured Data. The CoffeeCup Website Insight tool showed me exactly where the brackets were missing.

Thanks for all of your help!!!
User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

DianaH wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
DianaH wrote:
Now that I used the Google Test and it passed without errors, I'm still getting this strange result. See the jpg attached to see how it shows up at the top of my website. Am I doing something wrong?

Thats from the whatever you have in your header section, not being enclosed in brackets whatever they need wherever you got that from

check wherever you got that snippet from and maker sure you have copied all the required code (including brackets)

Wayan, you were so right!! I was just looking in the wrong place. Since I never had an error before and the Custom Code had been in there for a while, I assumed the Custom Code was fine. The problem only made itself known when I used Structured Data. The CoffeeCup Website Insight tool showed me exactly where the brackets were missing.

Thanks for all of your help!!!

Glad to see that you have solved it
Take care safe & well
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.