Share your websites made with Site...

User 2706435 Photo

Ambassador
444 posts

I agree. I believe you need to max width your site at 1200px for now where there is content (not the headers). Google has researched this, and their recommendation for text, is 16-18 words, max across. Also, text appears too small on the bigger screens. I think you set it to 15px. Its ok to go bigger when there is not a lot.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

Nice site. The phone number gets partly covered by the 'hamburger' background on small screens.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2040390 Photo

95 posts

Nice site. You are one of the few people to give geolocation in decimal degrees. As far as I know, nobody has set any standards. Degrees-minutes-seconds is really old and almost nobody understands, much less actually uses it. Fifty years ago, I navigated US Navy patrol planes across oceans using minutes (nautical miles), my celestial and loran-A fixes were never better than a 5 mile circle.

As a geologist, I use decimal degrees as determined by GPS. The 4th decimal place is 11 m and the 6th is 11 cm. A second is 31 m. My Garmin is good to about 3 m on the best days. In the literature, the degree symbol has pretty much disappeared and west longitude is a negative number (all of the software I know uses this as standard and D-M-S is there, grudgingly, because the developers can).
User 2664327 Photo

4 posts

Built my business website DigitalWorkMedia.com using SDv4
Front-End Web Designer
www.AEVolucion.com | DigitalWorkMedia.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aevolcuion
http://www.behance.net/AEVolucion
323-776-3820
User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

Angel Velazquez wrote:
Built my business website DigitalWorkMedia.com using SDv4

Nice clean looking site.
One thing to mention though is that California has one of the strictest Data Protection policies in the U.S, not only do they require websites that target people in the state of California to have a privacy policy somewhere on the site, but they also require a Cookie Declaration to be visible for visitors to be able to accept the cookies your site uses, or decline them.
This is no longer an option, but actually a legal requirement,

Additionally, many other States in the U.S and most other countries in the world also require such things.

A privacy policy and site terms & conditions are also there to help protect you too.
You should be considering adding those pages to your site & the cookie declaration.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 1869666 Photo

229 posts

Regarding California's data protection policy, it seems like a good many mom & pop businesses would not be impacted by this policy:
The CCPA applies to any business, including any for-profit entity that collects consumers' personal data, which does business in California, and satisfies at least one of the following thresholds:

Has annual gross revenues in excess of $25 million;
Buys or sells the personal information of 50,000 or more consumers or households; or
Earns more than half of its annual revenue from selling consumers' personal information.[10]

Am I understanding this?
User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

Carolyn Borjon wrote:
Regarding California's data protection policy, it seems like a good many mom & pop businesses would not be impacted by this policy:
The CCPA applies to any business, including any for-profit entity that collects consumers' personal data, which does business in California, and satisfies at least one of the following thresholds:

Buys or sells the personal information of 50,000 or more consumers or households; or
Earns more than half of its annual revenue from selling consumers' personal information.[10]

Am I understanding this?

I have a client not based I California it's true but he has a website that does target Californians. Around a year or so ago when his site was finished I suggested to him that he needs a cookie policy with privacy etc his reaction was wait and see. His site sells products and had around 300,000 turnover per year.

A couple of months ago he got a warning notice from some department or other stating that he needed to comply with the laws regarding cookie compliance. He had 30 days to comply otherwise they would start action to remove the site and possibly a fine. Google also got a message and they did nothing but take his site off the serps and said that he would need to inform them when he had added the cookie notice they would then consider listing his site again. It took a while to get up and running again and the estimated cost in potentially lost sales was a lot.

It isn't so much the actual data protection law but the cookie declaration bit which is related to the privacy part.

Of course one doesn't have to but one runs the risk if one doesn't
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Carolyn Borjon wrote:

Am I understanding this?

I have a client not based I California it's true but he has a website that does target Californians. Around a year or so ago when his site was finished I suggested to him that he needs a cookie policy with privacy etc his reaction was wait and see. His site sells products and had around 300,000 turnover per year.

A couple of months ago he got a warning notice from some department or other stating that he needed to comply with the laws regarding cookie compliance. He had 30 days to comply otherwise they would start action to remove the site and possibly a fine. Google also got a message and they did nothing but take his site off the serps and said that he would need to inform them when he had added the cookie notice they would then consider listing his site again. It took a while to get up and running again and the estimated cost in potentially lost sales was a lot.

It isn't so much the actual data protection law but the cookie declaration bit which is related to the privacy part.

UPDATE
Sorry I meant to say annual turnover of 3,000,000 per annum
It is something that may or may not apply to all websites,(eg) Aunty Bethanies website about Knitting warm woolly hats, probably doesn't require one, but my point is that for the sake of an hours work (or so) if a site collects any sort of personal data or places cookies of any type for whatever reason it has to be worth doing for the sake of peace of mind.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
Carolyn Borjon wrote:

Am I understanding this?

UPDATE
Sorry I meant to say annual turnover of 3,000,000 per annum
It is something that may or may not apply to all websites,(eg) Aunty Bethanies website about Knitting warm woolly hats, probably doesn't require one, but my point is that for the sake of an hours work (or so) if a site collects any sort of personal data or places cookies of any type for whatever reason it has to be worth doing for the sake of peace of mind.

UPDATE 2
My original comments were actually for the original poster as I couldn't find any privacy policy or site terms & conditions, which for a website offering services to other Business entities is essential, to say the least. Of course, every website needs to be assessed individually to see what impact if any there would be by not having a cookie policy, or site policies in place. Just because I mentioned those things for his site doesn't mean that they are required for everyone.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2885808 Photo

16 posts

Looks great,
I will try it myself. Cheers.
Peter Heath - #cleanupcrewcleaners
Commercial cleaning contractors
https://cleanupcrewcleaners.com.au/clea … e-cleaning for pressure cleaning Bundaberg
https://cleanupcrewcleaners.com.au/clea … -bundaberg for house cleaning Bundaberg
https://cleanupcrewcleaners.com.au/clea … g-cleaning for commercial building cleaning Bundaberg

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.