Sandwich questions - Post ID 296012

User 2806889 Photo

64 posts

I'm looking at the Kerning College theme. I have 2 questions I hope someone can help me with:

1. How do you change the logo "logo_college_Mesa.svg" that is displayed when you tap the sandwich for the mobile menu? I can't figure out how to access this within SD.

2. How can I close the mobile menu after a link is pressed? I'm linking to within the same page and the menu stays open after the click the link?

Thanks,
Jeff
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hi
That is one of the most difficult menus to work with, many of other users that have experienced similar issues have eventually simply replaced the menu with something easier to modify.

I am on my phone at the moment so I can't assist straight away but if in the meantime nobody else chips in, I will take a look and see where the previous help video is for your problem that I made to help others. Maybe another hour or so
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Actually my mistake
it's not that menu that others have had similar issuse with it's a different theme/template.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

To change the logo image at the mobile view, slide down as far to the left as you want after the last breakpoint (315px)

Then go to the "inspector" tab over on the top right

there is a tick box "show 2 elements at this breakpoint" select it, this will open up the menu with the logo at the top, simply select that image and replace it with your own (right-click" the image then select "edit picture")

STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

If you are linking the menu items to sections on the same page, then it will not automatically close when a link is clicked on this is where some fancy jiggery pockery comes in, it's not really good that a user needs to close that menu manually, because it looks like nothing has happened, whereas actually it has scrolled to the section but a user can not see that.

This is the problematic area for the menu, due to the outside third party dependency one finds in the footer section of the page. It doesn't work !!!! for mobile devices

STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2806889 Photo

64 posts

Thank you for your help Wayan Jaya! I don't know if I would have ever found those hidden objects.

Jeff
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Jeff Hurt wrote:
Thank you for your help Wayan Jaya! I don't know if I would have ever found those hidden objects.

Jeff

there are quite a few things going on within that theme that need addressing

1/ everything is wrapped in a div with a tag of "Main'

that isn't really good practice and would invalidate your markup

The content inside the <main> element should be unique to the document. It should not contain any content that is repeated across other pages such as sidebars, navigation links, copyright information, site logos, and search forms.

Note: There must not be more than one <main> element on a page The <main> element must NOT be a descendant of an <article>, <aside>, <footer>, <header>, or <nav> element.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
... it's not that menu that others have had similar issues with: it's a different theme/template.

Yes. It's a similar theme but had the opposite problem: going to an anchor within the page wouldn't clear the narrow dark menu.

The attached rehash of it seems to overcome both of the problems by a little restructuring and change of the JavaScript. Scrolling is allowed In the narrow menu so that more links could be used.

Frank
Attachments:
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
... it's not that menu that others have had similar issues with: it's a different theme/template.

Yes. It's a similar theme but had the opposite problem: going to an anchor within the page wouldn't clear the narrow dark menu.

The attached rehash of it seems to overcome both of the problems by a little restructuring and change of the JavaScript. Scrolling is allowed In the narrow menu so that more links could be used.

Frank

Well you know Frank this is a theme made by someone at coffeecup, In my humble opinion, it should work straight out of the box so to speak and perhaps come with some sort of documentation so users that download it shouldn't have to keep coming and asking about something that should work.

I know that should anyone find or have a problem with one of the themes that I do, I would be happy and expect to be informed, so that I could address the problem for other users.

STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Sorry - looking back at the first post, I see that the problem is in fact the same as (not, as I stated, the opposite of) that found in the Neutral Menu.

As even my very amateur restructuring etc. does the trick, no doubt the CoffeeCup experts can, and I hope will, mend the problem items in an even better way.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.