RSD Public Release? - Post ID 250066

User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

Forgive me for resurrecting this, but is there a projected date yet for RSD's public release? I'm aware that I could have purchased RLM in order to gain the pre-release (beta), but my budget is small and I didn't see the point in both purchases, as I'm not a coder and have little HTML CSS experience. Also, from what I've read, RSD will handle the complete responsive design process from layout to content.

I'm accustomed to VSD and have been putting off redesign of my website, or starting one for my church in anticipation of the official release of RSD. Although its so little cost per month to keep my web account open with CC (which is awesome in and of itself), I'm anxious to work with RSD and make use of the monthly space/ domain expense.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,088 posts

Hi Matt, Im not sure when the public release date is but you might want to download the free trial of RLM and test out the functionality. There is a learning curve to the software so you may find it challenging when you start using RSD for the first time if you have NO experience at all with the controls.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 125081 Photo

14 posts

Are we going to see an updated pre-release build before the public release?
User 2273654 Photo

755 posts

I loaded RSD1.0-630exe into my computer on 4-21-15 and 4-23-15. I believe that was the original pre-release. I loaded RSD1.0-683 into my computer on 4-30-15, I believe that that was a pre-release update. I do not know why I loaded the original twice, there may have been an update there too.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 125081 Photo

14 posts

I'm aware of build 683, which was more two weeks ago. I'm asking if there will be another pre-release build.

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Roy Blackwell Jr wrote:
I'm aware of build 683, which was more two weeks ago. I'm asking if there will be another pre-release build.

Yes, there will be a couple more pre-release builds.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

I'm really getting anxious now. Maybe I should just go ahead with an updated VSD site, and make the switch on down the road. My site might not be responsive to the various gadgets, but at least I'll have one present on the web.

Looking forward to RSD though. Keep at it CC! And thanks :-)
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Matthew wrote:
I'm really getting anxious now. Maybe I should just go ahead with an updated VSD site, and make the switch on down the road. My site might not be responsive to the various gadgets, but at least I'll have one present on the web.

Looking forward to RSD though. Keep at it CC! And thanks :-)

Steve has a really good point though Matthew, any time spent with responsive layout maker will help you get up to speed with RSD faster. At any rate, it will just be a matter of weeks now before public release.
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.