Revisioning in SD - Post ID 290363

User 556652 Photo

146 posts
Online Now

Is there a way to revision your pages in Site Designer? Working on an intra-net type thing and would like to track revisions by Rev # and what was changed. Any way to do that?

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Not to my knowledge, if I understand you correctly. You would have to do that manually by giving your project a different number by each save or something like that.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 556652 Photo

146 posts
Online Now

Well sort of. I am putting a "Rev x.x" on the page so it is obvious that it has changed. Then I wanted to tabulate those changes so that I will have a memory (age makes memories fade) of what was changed. I am looking at placing a hidden HTML Element in the page but that could be a problem on another page.

1,533 posts

One can, of course, put a text file in Resources, and use the new Code Editor to maintain a log. One simply selects that file in the Resources box and clicks on the Edit Code button.

I find the new Code Editor brilliant for all sorts of things, particularly in the Page Manager and the Resources box, where one can edit JavaScript files directly.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

That's great! I hadn't got that far yet in making myself familiar with the new features! :)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2695940 Photo

148 posts

Great Tip Frank! Thanks for that.
John Ferguson
Website Design and Development
www.jf1.co
User 556652 Photo

146 posts
Online Now

Yes, Great Tip Frank! I have put that in action.

Ambassador
444 posts

You could also add an html element, as edit it as comments.
User 556652 Photo

146 posts
Online Now

Hey Bill G,

That is what I was going to do but have taken his suggestion to just ad a Text file to resources and edit that. Then It is not taking up space on a page to be hidden but it is part of the projects .rsd file. It would work either way. I could even add another page that was never linked to.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.