Non Breaking space - Post ID 301168

User 379556 Photo

1,536 posts
Online Now

The matter is being referred to the developer, and I'll be advised whether the feature can be re-instated.

Frank
User 379556 Photo

1,536 posts
Online Now

I've not received any further progress reports on this yet, but I did find and report the 'fix' that seems to have caused the loss of the facility. It's mentioned in Suzanne's changelog of Jun 8th, 2018 at 09:30 AM which says in the next-to-last bullet point, "Squashed some bugs. This includes ... pasting code into the Text Editor not displaying as plain text."

Frank
User 3037646 Photo

9 posts

[/quote]
Thanks for the explanation Frank!
I assume you are aware that preventing text from wrapping can make sections invisible (placed outside of the viewport and only visible following a horizontal scroll). However, if correctly understand what you want to pull off, adding a 'no-wrap' option for selected texts to the editor would probably be the proper solution here. Would that work for you? :P

It's not a use case we have run across and I would love to hear about this need from others.[/quote]

I'm completely new to Site Designer and am missing a no-wrap or   function as well.

In the webpages, I have designed so far, I made heavy use of   to avoid one word sitting alone in the lines at the end of a paragraph.

Thus, I really look forward to a solution for this in Site Designer.

Thank you very much in advance!
User 2699991 Photo

4,820 posts
Online Now

Thomas Apfel wrote:

Thanks for the explanation Frank!

I assume you are aware that you are replying to a post dated 2018
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 379556 Photo

1,536 posts
Online Now

Thomas Apfel wrote:
... I'm completely new to Site Designer and am missing a no-wrap or   function as well.

I have solved the issue by using the Content Code panel.

For example I make and style a paragraph in the normal way, including such changes for individual words or phrases using Edit Mode. After finishing in Edit Mode I right click on the paragraph and choose 'Copy Element HTML', and paste into the Content Code box, where I edit it as follows.
(a) I remove the opening and closing paragraph tags.
(b) I edit what remains with special items I want,   or any other special codes.

After saving that edit, using 'Preview on...' reveals all is how it was intended.

Frank
User 3037646 Photo

9 posts

Frank Cook wrote:
Thomas Apfel wrote:
... I'm completely new to Site Designer and am missing a no-wrap or   function as well.

I have solved the issue by using the Content Code panel.

For example I make and style a paragraph in the normal way, including such changes for individual words or phrases using Edit Mode. After finishing in Edit Mode I right click on the paragraph and choose 'Copy Element HTML', and paste into the Content Code box, where I edit it as follows.
(a) I remove the opening and closing paragraph tags.
(b) I edit what remains with special items I want,   or any other special codes.

After saving that edit, using 'Preview on...' reveals all is how it was intended.

Frank

Thanks a lot Frank,

I tried this workaround … and it works!

However, it would still be nice to have an easier way to add special characters in a future version of Site Designer.

Kind regards
Thomas

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.