New to Site Designer - Post ID 290452

User 315657 Photo

47 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Jeff Smiley wrote:
To keep from cluttering the forum, I am going to ask all of my questions in this thread. Hope that is OK.

The biggest question at this point (I am keeping the design elements simple) is how to create and link to additional pages in the website. In VSD it was a snap. I did a search here for linking to pages, and this document turned it up:

https://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles … -designer/

The author went on and on about how simple and easy it was. I couldn't follow. Can anyone give me simple and straightforward directions for creating new pages, and links to those pages? Or better yet, is there a video you can direct me to? I follow videos pretty well. :)

Thanks!

To create a new page open the "Structure Data" tab on the top menu
slide on over to the Manage Page tab bottom left is a blue button which creates a new page,(or the button next to it creates a duplicate page the page will be given a name Blank
slide on back up to where the page name Blank is displayed, highlight it and put whatever name you want your page to be

You reference the "Href" on whatever links you have that you want to point to a page

select the link
move over to the "Element" tab
slide down to the"href" section,
in the empty box to the right you enter (pagename.html) WITHOUT THE BRACKETS

Give it a title (something to describe to the users what is going to happen
target=blank etc

Boom there is your link to the other page

Repeat as necessary

I can do a video if you get stuck

THANK YOU! That first paragraph clarified everything.
User 2695940 Photo

148 posts

Jeff, I didn't realize you were on Windows. Tintca is an App for Apple computers. If you are coping the text with the background from Site Designer you are probably also copying the background colour with it. There should be a text editing program that just copies the text that you can use. I haven't used Windows for 15 years now so I might not be of any help.

Good luck!
John Ferguson
Website Design and Development
www.jf1.co
User 2699991 Photo

4,799 posts
Online Now

Hello again
Alberto has found the culprit for the issue with text etc and is working on it now it should be fixed for the next issue fingers crossed hang in there folks the gurus are working on it.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.