How to edit collapsed paragraph in...

User 2535875 Photo

44 posts

Messing around with the Brands Materialize template that came out a few days ago. I can't figure out how you edit the text in the collapsed paragraphs near the bottom of the page. What am I missing?
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

You need go to the inspector & look for the containers - "collapsable-body" it has an eyeball with strike though, click on the eyeball to open the container,, boom there is the text for you to edit,

when finished go back to the inspector and re-click the eyeball so the strikethrough comes back

Repeat for all others

I would also add that if you are at all bothered about any visitor that uses IE11, then it looks terrible on that & doesn't really work if you are bothered, then you are going to have to address that first in "Fallback First", then apply the "Display Flex" or Grid mode & do the pages again for those on modern browsers
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

If the paragraph in question is one of those with the class 'paragraph-collapsible', I think it can be edited in the normal way if, at the foot of the Elements Tree, one removes the tick from the 'Hide 11 items at this breakpoint' box.

Frank
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:
If the paragraph in question is one of those with the class 'paragraph-collapsible', I think it can be edited in the normal way if, at the foot of the Elements Tree, one removes the tick from the 'Hide 11 items at this breakpoint' box.

Frank

That also works except
The only problem doing it that way is that at the lower end of the breakpoints, the main body is covered by the 'navigation container, so one would then need to manually hide that from the inspector tab, but only becomes a problem if by editing the text, one changes the styling (widths etc) somewhat so it doesn't style properly at those lower widths
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Thanks, Wayan. I was typing my answer before I saw yours, which is clearly takes into account matters I hadn't noticed.

Frank

User 2535875 Photo

44 posts

Ah. Perfect. Thanks for the assistance.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.