Disappearing Elements? - Post ID 293667

User 2699991 Photo

4,805 posts
Online Now

Daniel Ottini wrote:
Thanks for the offer - prefer not to send to project (for privacy reasons) - but the template I did start with is Flux (if that helps)

ahh well sorry then I can't help you with what you are doing wrong or not doing right

I loaded the flux template added new pages added elements and it works fine no disappearing elements.

Good luck
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts
Online Now

Hi Daniel,
You're saying that you are having trouble with the Flux template. I'm the person who created the current version of it. If I may try a guess at what is disappearing for you, I would say it must be when you get down to where the template has those images to click on, for Architecture, Food, Portraits etc. There is a menu sliding in, covering the whole page width. You then select one of those pages, and the menu disappears again. In order to edit that menu, you need to make it visible.
Since I don't know how you may have changed the template, I have to explain by referring to the template itself.
In SD, open one of the pages other than the index. Say, you open the architecture page.
The first element has the ID 'MySidenav' and the class name 'sidenav'. Select it, and open the Style pane.
Go down to the Dimension section, and observe that the width is set to 0 (zero). Change it to some width (like e.g. 25% or so) where you can see the menu and its text. Then it can be edited. Don't forget to set the width back to 0 when you are done.
I hope this helps. There isn't anything else that is hidden or otherwise concealed from view.
If you still have problems, maybe you could make a copy of your project and edit out the bits you want to keep private (put in some 'lorem ipsum' instead), and then post that copy here, or in your Dropbox or similar, and give us the link.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

It seems that there can be something paradoxical about the use of templates.
(a) They can include all sorts of ingenious items, so that one may change pictures, words etc. within them and create spectacular websites without coding skills.
(b) One may need coding skills to avoid unwittingly removing or changing items critical to the working of the template.

For example, the template in question works beautifully. If one duplicates one of the pages, and puts items in the sidenav container, those items could seem stuck as invisible if one -
1. removes the HTML element at the foot of the Elements Tree which contains the code for expanding that sidenav container;
2. removes the font-icon-folder container (or even just the Font Icon within it) which contains the trigger [onclick=openNav()] to work the code in item 1 above.

I'm wondering whether it would be helpful for SD5 to have an extra facility: a lock to prevent certain items from being changed or removed without an alert appearing. Perhaps the lock could be indicated by a padlock icon in the Elements Tree.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.