Concerned about Site Designer...

User 2624719 Photo

267 posts

Hi Wayan
I will be waiting as I have no need to update at the moment just need to see the change log and that always lags behind any update's .

Regards
Adrian
User 2526084 Photo

65 posts

I've been wanting to upgrade my v5.0 for quite some time. Couple of things stopping me:

A. It's so buggy, like many others have reported here in this forum the .rsd file seems to get corrupted too easily for unknown reasons and you loss your work. So I've been monitoring the feedback for any positive news they've solved this issue, however, it's still being reported as far as I can see.

B. The regular updates from a few years ago have slowed to a trickle, so not much development that's noticeable...

So for now I've stick with my current version and keep moniting the forum threads.
User 2622524 Photo

96 posts

Rooky wrote:
I've been wanting to upgrade my v5.0 for quite some time. Couple of things stopping me:

A. It's so buggy, like many others have reported here in this forum the .rsd file seems to get corrupted too easily for unknown reasons and you loss your work. So I've been monitoring the feedback for any positive news they've solved this issue, however, it's still being reported as far as I can see.

B. The regular updates from a few years ago have slowed to a trickle, so not much development that's noticeable...

So for now I've stick with my current version and keep moniting the forum threads.

I want to share my positive experiences with CoffeeCup version 5.x which came out in October 2020. I've been using it since then and I've only run into one instance of a corrupted RSD file.

Luckily, it turned out the corruption wasn't actually a CoffeeCup bug! It ended up being a faulty power supply that decided to die right when I was saving the file.

Even in that worst-case situation, I only lost a few minutes of work because I have a regular backup routine in place.

Just a big thumbs up to CoffeeCup for the rock-solid stability!

User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Chris wrote:
[quote=Rooky]

Even in that worst-case situation, I only lost a few minutes of work because I have a regular backup routine in place.

Just a big thumbs up to CoffeeCup for the rock-solid stability!

I couldn't agree more! I run a business with over 150 regular clients all build with SD. I have experienced almost 0 issues. As Chris has stated I have had a few corrupted files as well usually happens after long sessions of an open project. I too save and backup regularly, even hourly if work is fairly significant.

Steve
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.