Components in Site Designer - Post ID...

User 377716 Photo

31 posts

Hi Inger, I knew that's where you lived so didn't expect an immediate answer! Thought you might be asleep. I'll zip it and post it. Thanks.
Sylvia Nickels
User 377716 Photo

31 posts

Here's the zipped file. Thanks so much.
Attachments:
Sylvia Nickels
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts

I have looked, and I'm a bit puzzled as to what you want. You mentioned that you wanted a fixed header and footer, so I thought that you either had used the template you found in my sharing folder, or that you had replicated it yourself. But you seem to have started a new file with just a header.
I found further, that when uploading the page you had started, you obviously got the index file and the js folder with the scripts uploaded, but the css folder with the style sheets is missing. The head image has been uploaded, but it doesn't show because of the missing css files.

I'll see what I can do with your file...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts

So, been working a bit...
If your file is the way you want it, then just make sure that you upload everything pertaining to it. All the contents of the *filename*_exported folder needs to be uploaded. And then you may skip the rest of what I'm writing in this post.

But,
If you want the fixed head and footer template with your own heading, then read on.
I have done the following:
1. Used the template I had built previously, ripped out all the contents and styling, just the structure remaining.
2. Imported your header as a component.
3. Made the header text a bit smaller for small viewports, so that it doesn't wrap into too many lines.
4. Adjusted the top padding of the wrapper at each breakpoint, so that the fixed header is not covering any of the contents (when 'un-scrolled').
5. Added a container with some background colour and height below the header, to make the wrapper top padding adjustments visible.
6. Added some background colour to the footer to make it visible.
7. Changed the footer position from fixed to absolute for small viewports, so that the footer contents doesn't take up space on phone screens.

So, if you think my adjustments are right for you, then unzip the attached file and use it. Safekeep the zipped file as a backup copy!
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 377716 Photo

31 posts

Inger, I do appreciate you so much. Part of my problem is reader comprehension!!!! I did originally download your fixed header/footer template and rip out your info, but couldn't get it to work because I wasn't grasping directions. I'll keep it for reference as well as the new file and a copy of your post since you give more information I can use about sizing for different viewports. Back to my comprehension (or lack of). I had read and re-read your instructions for creating a component, then re-read again. After selecting which part of the page you want to create as a component, GO TO THE COMPONENTS panel. I was hitting 'publish' (the wee arrow) prematurely. I'd re-read it just before quitting and going to bed and after I lay down, it hit me. So when I started in again this morning, I did it! And it's right there in my program, ready to use. Yay, and thanks again!
Sylvia Nickels
User 1208564 Photo

1 post

I am surprised that CoffeeCup has not gotten their components up. Yikes, This thread goes back to 2018 and still nothing? I would have thought the team would have dazzled us. Thank goodness there are individuals like Inger.
For Shame Coffeecup for shame.

Erich
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Erich Quade wrote:
I am surprised that CoffeeCup has not gotten their components up. Yikes, This thread goes back to 2018 and still nothing?

Site Designer 5 has loads of them.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.