Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

T Marbley wrote:
Thank you! What kind of database is being used now to store products? Is it true that there is a max product limit of 500.

The basic version has a limit of 1200, and the 'pro' version will probably not handle much more.

As to the database, right now all information is stored inside of XML documents, so more or less a flat file database.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 51814 Photo

11 posts

I would like to be able to import products from an excel table
Liz Tapanes
Memphis TN
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Liz Tapanes wrote:
I would like to be able to import products from an excel table

The 'pro' version will have import capabilities. Awesome heh? :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 51814 Photo

11 posts

Scott - How about Item Numbers? Will there be an optional field for that?
Liz Tapanes
Memphis TN
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Yes. There will be an option to set a SKU number.
User 1968889 Photo

7 posts

I think it would be cool to have a digital download service linked with the software. To have a way to have a php script send out the file with a masked URL after the person buys the electronic product...sounds like a lot, but it would be cool. To have it act much like the coffeecup site itself...just an idea.
User 1968889 Photo

7 posts

But more importantly...this program has saved me weeks of programming time.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

In line with many other shopping carts, I would like to see cost variables available for the product options. Many carts simply add the value of an item enclosed in brackets to the item price. Along the lines of option A (+0.50) etc.

Many basic javascript carts and php carts (even free ones) offer this simple functionality and this is a noticeable shortfall in the basic version of Shopping Cart Creator 3.5. Most garment sellers for example, charge an extra premium for XXL sizes etc, to reflect the extra charge levied by their own suppliers. Likewise items that offer a choice of finishes, charge extra where more expensive finishes are specified. The other alternative is to have a separate listing for every option, which is both tedious and confusing for potential buyers and definitely not a good shopping experience.

I just feel that lack of practical functionality, seriously limits the capabilities of what is an outstanding and very user friendly product.

Great product guys, but don't lose focus that some of us don't want the pro version, just want the current one 'tweaking'. :cool:
User 389264 Photo

337 posts
Online Now

Great product guys, but don't lose focus that some of us don't want the pro version, just want the current one 'tweaking'.

As for me I want the Pro version. Not to be repetitive but not to be forgotten:

o item number - understand this will be implemented
o subcategories
o List the same item in more than one category without coping it to more than one category
o In-site search feature
o Shipping discount for multi-purchases and/or have maximum shipping cost

Plus????

Thank you, great job on standard!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The last 3 items will not be in the pro version on initial release, but I bet it will be something found eventually. Look for more information on this as we get closer to the release date.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.