Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Baz wrote:
Scott,
What about the ZOooom feature here:

http://www.strawberrycycles.co.uk

to replace the light box?

Baz.

Not sure if something like that will make it in, but you never know ;) Right now changes to the images really isn't on the forefront of our minds. Once all the larger issues are tackled, I am sure we will start looking into the other 'niceties'.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hopefully one of them niceties (preferably prior to the release) will be the problem with the graphics degradation that the SSC or SSD (whichever one is doing it lol) is causing. Here's a very good example of how my logo really loses quality on my shop versus using the same graphic on an external page. keep in mind the pages aren't done yet lol.

http://accessoriesoftheworld.com
http://accessoriesoftheworld.com/shop

Notice how the graphic on my shop Logo is just not as smooth looking, amost as if the anti-alias isn't working or something.
Same happens with our little graphics too, they really lose clarity quite a bit. Would be nice if we could use our own graphics after we scale them ourselves if we have that ability maybe? Similar to the Photo Gallery where if we want we can replace the graphics that the program spits out. (note this could already be a possibility and I just don't know it so don't bite me if it is LOL)
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

If you are really desperate for one of those zoom features Jo Ann, you can fit those to many existing web sites in the form of an add on. Just type javascript zoom into Google. One of the better known ones you'll find at magictoolbox.com.

I came across one site recently where you could use control+ or control- to increase the size of the entire site. Graphics, boxes, text, everything.!!

The pro version is going to address the needs of core functionality, to compete with other ecommerce solutions that are currently available. The pro version has to be a commercially viable solution for both Coffeecup and its customers. The weight based shipping module, sub categories, inventory control and price definable options are all essential elements to make it a success. Any extra features that are added in due course, will eventually push the product way ahead of the competition.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Wolverana wrote:
Hopefully one of them niceties (preferably prior to the release) will be the problem with the graphics degradation that the SSC or SSD (whichever one is doing it lol) is causing. Here's a very good example of how my logo really loses quality on my shop versus using the same graphic on an external page. keep in mind the pages aren't done yet lol.

http://accessoriesoftheworld.com
http://accessoriesoftheworld.com/shop

Notice how the graphic on my shop Logo is just not as smooth looking, amost as if the anti-alias isn't working or something.
Same happens with our little graphics too, they really lose clarity quite a bit. Would be nice if we could use our own graphics after we scale them ourselves if we have that ability maybe? Similar to the Photo Gallery where if we want we can replace the graphics that the program spits out. (note this could already be a possibility and I just don't know it so don't bite me if it is LOL)

I think I know what the problem is. On the image that the logo looks blurry, go into SCD and under the Shop Logo area, check the box "Keep Original Size".

I took your good logo, add it to SCD as my logo and checked that box, and it looks perfect.

http://hotsync.net/jo/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yep I know, but it shouldn't degrade the graphics to use those other settings should it? I'll resize it and I'm sure that will solve a few issues like placement which was a pain in the butt to try to match up on the external page lol. But if the feature is there to do different sizes then it should maybe just do percentages like a normal website does instead of changing the graphic itself?

The reason behind my thinking is that my graphic on my external page is set at a percentage width, it's not the full size either and it still looks clean and smooth. Maybe it could be the same in the program so it doesn't actually redo the pictures and just uses percentages? I realize this might not be as great for the thumbnails, but maybe just let us do our own thumbnails so we can control how good they look instead of the program generating them for us? I'm sure it will still have to generate them for some people as not everyone has the ability or software to create thumbnails, but the choice would be nice for those of us that do know how and have the software to do them.

I'm a big believer that choices are a great thing in software, makes it better for those with good skills to do things themselves and still has all the functionality for those that don't :P

Not sure how to make that part easy and flowing as it's kind of setup to upload them everytime they change it looks like, but if you give us some kind of setting to choose to do our own graphics (maybe seperate toggles for each graphic size, since it doesn't really seem bad on anything other than the thumbnails for the product photos)

Percentages for Logos would be awesome since it took me forever to try last night to match the size and placement of the graphic I have in there at the moment lol. If I could have just set it to the same percentage size it would probably have gone smoother. And if it just resized it visually rather than actually creating an image that might make it better too? Not sure, since I'm not sure how the program is doing the graphics.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Wolverana wrote:
Yep I know, but it shouldn't degrade the graphics to use those other settings should it? I'll resize it and I'm sure that will solve a few issues like placement which was a pain in the butt to try to match up on the external page lol. But if the feature is there to do different sizes then it should maybe just do percentages like a normal website does instead of changing the graphic itself?

The reason behind my thinking is that my graphic on my external page is set at a percentage width, it's not the full size either and it still looks clean and smooth. Maybe it could be the same in the program so it doesn't actually redo the pictures and just uses percentages? I realize this might not be as great for the thumbnails, but maybe just let us do our own thumbnails so we can control how good they look instead of the program generating them for us? I'm sure it will still have to generate them for some people as not everyone has the ability or software to create thumbnails, but the choice would be nice for those of us that do know how and have the software to do them.

I'm a big believer that choices are a great thing in software, makes it better for those with good skills to do things themselves and still has all the functionality for those that don't :P

Not sure how to make that part easy and flowing as it's kind of setup to upload them everytime they change it looks like, but if you give us some kind of setting to choose to do our own graphics (maybe seperate toggles for each graphic size, since it doesn't really seem bad on anything other than the thumbnails for the product photos)

Percentages for Logos would be awesome since it took me forever to try last night to match the size and placement of the graphic I have in there at the moment lol. If I could have just set it to the same percentage size it would probably have gone smoother. And if it just resized it visually rather than actually creating an image that might make it better too? Not sure, since I'm not sure how the program is doing the graphics.

But if you just check the box, the image will not be touched. It will remain the same. Unless I am really not getting this one ;)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

right, but what's the point of having settings to make it a different size if it's not going to be of good quality as it is on the full size setting? My graphic is too big lol, I'm resizing it right now to be smaller so it can just be set to full size on the program. Just that it's kind of moot to have it allow you to change the size on the program if it's going to lose quality in the graphic to do so. *hopes she makes sense* LOL
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Wolverana wrote:
right, but what's the point of having settings to make it a different size if it's not going to be of good quality as it is on the full size setting? My graphic is too big lol, I'm resizing it right now to be smaller so it can just be set to full size on the program. Just that it's kind of moot to have it allow you to change the size on the program if it's going to lose quality in the graphic to do so. *hopes she makes sense* LOL

Shopping Cart Creator is not a graphics editor, so you will always get better results using Photo Shop. We can do just some basic sizing which will work for 95% of all users. For those other 5%, they should stick to a true graphics program.

Still, that is why there is a check box ;)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

yes for the logos that's a better choice, and many of us can help those out that don't have the skills or the programs to do that without too much difficulty... but.. (you knew there would be a but lol) I still disagree on how it's done and why it needs to be so nasty looking if you "do" choose to resize it internally in SCC. Just something I hope is worked on at a later date as it would be nice to utilize it with nice results :)

Thumbnail generation isn't something we have any control over though, and I'd like to have control over it which is really my main concern on this. The nasty little thumbnails we don't have any control over. Would be nice if we could use our own. I have a great little thumbnail generator that spits out much nicer looking ones than the SCC does. :P No offense dev team, just saying what others have already said and what Scott reaffirms, SCC isn't a graphics editor and would be nice to be able to use our own for those of us that have those graphics editors :)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Wolverana wrote:
yes for the logos that's a better choice, and many of us can help those out that don't have the skills or the programs to do that without too much difficulty... but.. (you knew there would be a but lol) I still disagree on how it's done and why it needs to be so nasty looking if you "do" choose to resize it internally in SCC. Just something I hope is worked on at a later date as it would be nice to utilize it with nice results :)

Thumbnail generation isn't something we have any control over though, and I'd like to have control over it which is really my main concern on this. The nasty little thumbnails we don't have any control over. Would be nice if we could use our own. I have a great little thumbnail generator that spits out much nicer looking ones than the SCC does. :P No offense dev team, just saying what others have already said and what Scott reaffirms, SCC isn't a graphics editor and would be nice to be able to use our own for those of us that have those graphics editors :)

Probably by the 3rd or 4th release of the Pro version, I am sure more image options will be available in that area. We had to just start someplace or we never would have gotten this thing out the door ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.