Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 178682 Photo

13 posts

I am not sure where to add this question about shopping cart creator.

I have a basic shopping cart built, am unable to size it to fit into my website page properly.
Is that something done in the Cart Designer? I have that pro version and find it a bit difficult to use.
Meanwhile, getting the storefront to be a particular size would be helpful-

paulageisler.com/storefront.html

thanks
teri
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

You may use the designer to modify the appearance of many aspects of the cart but I believe you are pretty much confined to the overall width and layout of the template.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yep pretty sure only 2 different widths are possible at this time, and both are represented in the themes included with the program.

That is a good suggestion though, not the first to need alternate widths or better yet customizable ones for the program :)
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Catalina Diaz wrote:
I think what the shopping cart creator pro will definitely needs is something better done with the pictures. For example when you click on the picture to make it larger maybe you can provide some information with the pictures. Also I think the pictures should display much larger when they are enlarged and also have a zoom in capability when you hover over the picture like on ebay. I have noticed also that my pictures look kind of blurry before they are enlarged I think that also needs to be fixed. I am not sure if there is a way to do that now.

Also I think you should be allowed to place your logo where ever you would like for example the center of the page.

I'd like to see bigger photos in the details page, and if they were bigger on the pop up too, that would be good also. I'm not sure if the photos are always the same size, or I've designed the details page of my template with not enough space. It does have a coloured bar on the bottom footer. Is there only one size for photos regardless of how large you play around with design of the details page in templates?
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Hi Bren. There are limitations in the current image handling and the Coffeecup team are aware that there is a demand for larger images. One of the possibilities for the future, is user defined image sizes and a mouseover javascript zoom facility. This would be especially useful for folks selling small or detailed items such as jewellery. All the focus at the moment, is on gettting the pro version of Cart Creator out onto the streets.
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Hi Bren. There are limitations in the current image handling and the Coffeecup team are aware that there is a demand for larger images. One of the possibilities for the future, is user defined image sizes and a mouseover javascript zoom facility. This would be especially useful for folks selling small or detailed items such as jewellery. All the focus at the moment, is on gettting the pro version of Cart Creator out onto the streets.

Thanks for the information Will. Would this type of improvements be in the SCC or the Designer Software? I would think it would more likely be in the SCC, and as you said they are more focused on getting the Pro version onto the streets, maybe this option is for another upgrade, or update! Just speculation of course, as I have no clue as I'm a very new user.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Bren,

Most anything that accommodates changing how a cart "looks" will be done in the designer software. I haven't looked at these aspects of the Pro beta to see if they include these features, my bad, but I'm going to assume that if and when they add something like this that it will be in the Pro version of the Designer.
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Bren,

Most anything that accommodates changing how a cart "looks" will be done in the designer software. I haven't looked at these aspects of the Pro beta to see if they include these features, my bad, but I'm going to assume that if and when they add something like this that it will be in the Pro version of the Designer.

Oh cool, so I have the Pro version of Designer. Does that mean we may get an upgrade sometime in the future? Or am I just asking tooo much? :D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

If you already own Shopping Cart Designer Pro, then yes, you will get a free upgrade to the latest version of Shopping Cart Designer Pro. Owners of Shopping Cart Creator will get a special upgrade price if they wish to upgrade to Shopping Cart Creator Pro.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
If you already own Shopping Cart Designer Pro, then yes, you will get a free upgrade to the latest version of Shopping Cart Designer Pro. Owners of Shopping Cart Creator will get a special upgrade price if they wish to upgrade to Shopping Cart Creator Pro.

Thank you Scott. Great service, great Company! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.