Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

@tassietiger, agree. Neat avatar :cool:
and I now I have my Chocolatefrog too..:) Now I am trying to print it so I can eat it, but my system is old and it's just not working.

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

dave beall wrote:
@tassietiger, agree. Neat avatar :cool:
and I now I have my Chocolatefrog too..:) Now I am trying to print it so I can eat it, but my system is old and it's just not working.

Thank you :) The lion can roar too but gets a bit irritating after a while so I have told him to sit and look fierce.

You could always try licking the screen to get the chocolate frog or catch it as it oozes out of the modem...

I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

tassietiger wrote:
I don't agree with that :P The reality is that finding workarounds for IE is a huge cost in time and money and the sooner we don't have to worry about it the better for all.

Encouraging people to keep their old browsers by coding for them and not giving them any incentive to upgrade is costing huge amounts of money and holding back what could be achieved in web design.

We all have our viewpoints, but I still stick by my original comment. :)

I can think of one cart solution (not CC or Zen), where they have took things to the extreme with web design and created a henious monster. Shopping carts exist solely to sell products to customers, rather than to pander to the whims and sometimes strange ideas of the people programming them. A cart that doesn't function, is after all as much use as a chocolate teapot. :)

Fortunately the forthcoming pro version of Cart Creator (the third beta of which is sitting right here in front of me), has been built with practicality in mind. :cool:
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
A cart that doesn't function, is after all as much use as a chocolate teapot. :)

Mmmmmm.... chocolate teapot!
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

speaking of the upcoming pro version.. any hints as to the features we can look forward to..
like maybe some basic system font choices.. hmmm
I am just getting into building a store and I see a lot of gimp2.6 work ahead to make images for replacing text for page titles, menu text and other places...
chocolate teapot, hmmm u makin me hungry, does that come full of chocolate or it just comes with tea...? Can I get a large size and does it come in 3D :rolleyes:

EDIT: I guess the css files will provide the system fonts.. seems to work.

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

dave beall wrote:
speaking of the upcoming pro version.. any hints as to the features we can look forward to..

YES............................................. :)

I'm sure Scott will make the announcements at the appropriate time......... :D

Am sure you'll love it........... ;)
User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

Will... is there any truth in the rumour that they are going to use a 1971 Diana Ross hit as the theme tune for the launch of Pro? :D
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

It's important not to get too bogged down in theory. This all sounds like good theory, but the fact is, it still exists so we must deal with it. I agree with Will in that, those who knowingly have customers who possibly use ie6 and still don't code for it are in fact lazy developers.Things will change soon enough, but slowly as does all change. Soon mozilla will own the market not ie and things will change for the better.

Until then code for ie6, if you have clients who need it - bottom line. :mad::lol:
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

tass wrote:
I don't agree with that :P The reality is that finding workarounds for IE is a huge cost in time and money and the sooner we don't have to worry about it the better for all.

Encouraging people to keep their old browsers by coding for them and not giving them any incentive to upgrade is costing huge amounts of money and holding back what could be achieved in web design.

Mmmm Chocolate Frog :D

I'm glad someone else already said this... I was catching up on the nights posts, and trying to figure a way to word up my response. This will do nicely :)

I have a hard enough time learning to code, trying to code by W3C "Standards", and coming up with a nice looking site. It's not a matter of laziness, it's a matter of I've got better things to be doing that actually pay, spending time on IE6 compatibility is not only wasting brain cells (since when it is finally gone for good, it does no good to know how) but it's wasting time earning potentials as well... Now if the clients want to insist on IE6 compatibility, and are willing to pay for the extra time that will take, that's fine (especially if it's a matter of deal or no-deal) but I have yet to find any of those.

I think the real "laziness" is those who are able, but just haven't upgraded their browsers yet. I know, there are people in third world countries that don't have the great computers we do, or the blazing fast internet wired into their toilets like we do. Am I really targeting them as a potential customer?

Even with today's economy being what it is, I don't think 10% is a significant enough portion of a market-base to act upon.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Woody wrote:
Will... is there any truth in the rumour that they are going to use a 1971 Diana Ross hit as the theme tune for the launch of Pro? :D

We have actually selected Boy George - Karma Chameleon ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.