Subcategories Possible? - Post ID 197636

User 1917991 Photo

1 post

Is there a way to create sub-categories in Coffee Cup Shopping Cart ?

Thank you
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Chris Butchko wrote:
Is there a way to create sub-categories in Coffee Cup Shopping Cart ?

Thank you

Not in the present version but I believe it may be possible in the upcoming version.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 345577 Photo

373 posts

tassietiger wrote:
Not in the present version but I believe it may be possible in the upcoming version.

There's an upcoming version!!!??? http://www.morgus.com/cc_images/shocked.gif

(Just kidding...)
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

My spidy sense says yes, but my common sense says no.

I am so conflicted.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Upcoming as in "an upcoming movie star" ....they can take years to develop :rolleyes:
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 345577 Photo

373 posts

Eric English wrote:
I am so conflicted.
Oh, it's conflicted, huh? Your current avatar makes it look like 'ants-in-the-pants'.

Who'd have known!? :lol:
User 389264 Photo

337 posts

As I understand there will be a sub-category feature in Pro, however, only one sub-category level in the first release. Also an item identifier will be included, a feature I really needed with 700 plus OOAK items. In the last few weeks I took the time to add an item identifier as an Optional Field in each listing. Tonight I received an order and the identifier was on the invoice, yes! Before I had to try to determine what was ordered by the title, rather time consuming.

Another feature that I think will be added to Pro is search, can't wait for Pro!

I just checked my software for updates, wow, about ten have been updated in the last week or so. Could that be why Pro is taking so long?
User 80062 Photo

2 posts

I Love Coffeecup software and I would really like to see sub-categories and sub-sub-categories available in Shopping Cart Creator Pro. I just dont want to purchase this without this option or just one sub-category option. Until then I will continue to pay for a sub-sub-standard, non-Coffeecup e-commerce package!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Stephen,

The Shopping Cart Creator Pro version already has had a sub category as part of it for quite some time. Granted that is only one level deep, but it's definitely doable for many types of shops.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.