Removing Shopping Cart Software by...

User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

I don't mind the jingle; I don't even mind the meta-tags that boast a page was 'brewed by coffeecup' in the editor but I'm afraid my original protest still stands regarding this link. I am surprised that with (correct me if I am wrong) 2 updates since this topic was raised that the link hasn't been removed yet. Can I ask what is the holdup? As someone who has done some programming (Windows software) in the past, this can't be more than 1 minutes work for one of the devs. What changes have been made with these latest builds?

I am also waiting for the style editor because to be totally honest the themes (styles) that the creator ships with are not much chop and to not be able to tweak it to our existing site's colours and themes (without hacking into the style sheets and other files that will just be overwritten without a lot of mucking around every time we rebuild the cart) is by far the most limiting factor of the software. As someone mentioned, the whole game changes when things go commercial and this should have been thought out at the earliest dev meetings. Everything else in the software screams good planning and design, and it is executed with excellent coding using modern concepts (XML etc.), yet the inability to create even a completely emtpy style (like a code-only - raw output option) must have been a deliberate decision at the planning stages. I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but I am not going to deploy the cart I have created with this until I can make it look like my site; unfortunately my colour scheme is so far from any of the built-in themes it just looks ridiculous with my logo plastered in the top corner. The cart itself is great and works fantastically; it is everything I want it to be - except the wrong colour.

I realise no-one will be working away over the break, and I don't expect them to either but I have to admit I am hanging out for this style editor.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it and Merry Everything-Else to those of different beliefs; it isn't the entity, it is the spirit that matters most.

Dave.
User 458800 Photo

78 posts

Hi, if I may add a thought to this:

Security is my biggest concern. I don't now, but if in the future I find a need to implement a shopping cart applet, I would prefer to keep the maker under wraps (or at least to not have it appear right on the shopping cart page), to reduce the chances that somebody could crack my store wide open, just by knowing the ins and outs of that maker's software tools.

Sorry if that is paranoid of me, but safety first! Even if there's not enough useful info in the resulting HTML, XML, or other source on my pages (to do a hacker any good), security is my #1 priority when handling money transactions over the web.

For similar reasons, I would never post yard signs from my home alarm maker.

Finally, one of my reasons for buying the CoffeeCup suite was that the company logo does not appear on my web page content in normal browsing mode.
Windows 11
Intel i9 (workstation) and i9 (laptop). Gobs of RAM and acres of SSD space on both machines.
User 441084 Photo

28 posts

I agree about the created by link having the option to turn on and off without having to mess with the code. I also like the idea of having an editor built in so you could tweak the colors quick and easy. After all, the software is geared towards people who don't want to have to mess with code much.

User 449169 Photo

22 posts

All of the legitimate reasons for CC to remove the link have been discussed here, so I'm posting just to have my vote counted. That link is appropriate only in the trialware you offer, NOT in the registered versions.

Software developers: you know it is poor business practice on your part to leave an advertisement and/or link in software that has been paid for. Please remove it because we (paying and loyal CC customers) deserve better than this from you.
User 400204 Photo

4 posts

HI

I'd like to add my vote to have the option to remove the 'Shopping Cart Software by CoffeeCup Software" from the registered/purchased software.

I'd also like to see the ability to customise colour scheme from within the software - I can't find anything that even remotely looks like the rest of my site :( and continuity is really important from a client perspective.
I should be able to customise the colour at the very least from within the Shopping Cart Software . . come on CC . . you can do this . . . can't you?
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I have been using cubecart for free, for many years (my own shop)

If i want to remove the Software Licence it is $89.95 for one Copyright Removal Key

CC could possibly offer a similar option, free download, free use, but charge to remove copyright

On a personal basis i am happy for the copyright to be on my own shop site, but I agree , if i was setting up shops for others i would EXPECT it to be removable

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

CoffeCup uses Adobe Flash to create the swf files for many CC programs.

Do the SWF files display "Created with Adobe Flash"?

Enough said!
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 515077 Photo

4 posts

This advertisement link at the bottom of each page (Coffee cup .....) needs to be removed. I will not recommend this software to anyone until it had been removed.

The Coffee Cup advertisement is fine for the Trial version, but not a Registered version.

Please remove it.
Chap
User 55304 Photo

72 posts

I must agree the shopping cart link is going to put buyers off.

I have created a site for a customer and the first thing he requested is to remove the coffecup link. Simply because he didn't want potential customers getting side tracked and leaving his site.

I think coffee cup should at least make the link pop up in a new window. Or have an option to buy without the link.
User 515848 Photo

Ambassador
53 posts

It is not that difficult to remove or replace with something more appropriate, but we, as paying customers, shouldn't have to.

I love this shopping cart software, but that link is becoming somewhat of bitter pill.

What will sell this product is word of mouth around the various marketing forums and not some tacky little link at the bottom of each page.

PP
noʎ ɹoɟ ʇou sı ƃuıʌıpʎʞs uəɥʇ 'pəəɔɔns ʇ,uop noʎ ʇsɹıɟ ʇɐ ɟı

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.